Looga shortlisted for 9 out of 10 Whatuni Student Choice Awards

Smashing it like always

Our glorious uni has been shortlisted for nine top awards.

The Whatuni Award nominations have been announced, with over 25,000 students from across the country voting over the past 12 months , and Lufbra have been short listed in nine out of 10 categories.

We have been nominated for Accommodation, Clubs and Societies, Course and Lecturers, Job Prospects, Student Union, University Facilities, Support Services and International.

While these nominations are sure to entice next years freshers, we can sit here smugly knowing we’re at the best uni in the country, regardless of what the recent Times Higher Education rankings say.

Whatuni Student Rankings are voted for by students, based on their reviews over the past 12 months. These rankings offer prospective students an alternative to traditional university ranking systems, instead listening to unbiased student opinion.

With over 25,000 reviews considered, 125 universities met the minimum to be considered for the awards, and 39 received nominations.

Loughborough University Vice Chancellor, Professor Bob Allison said: “I am thrilled that we have been short listed in nine out of ten categories. It is an incredible achievement, made all the more important by the fact that these awards are voted for by students.”

Simon Emmet, CEO of the Hotcourses Group, parent company of Whatuni.com, commented: “We are delighted to see universities that are being nominated for a number of categories across the board at this years awards. It truly reflects a student experience that goes beyond teaching excellence and touches on all aspects of a students life.”

The official 2016 Whatuni Student Rankings, which will be announced at a ceremony in London on April 14, will also award the prestigious ‘University of the Year’, which Loughborough proudly collected in 2015.