Best dressed: Clubbing edition

Looga dished the stash

Those 9ams and mind-numbing lectures are bound to take its toll, what promised to be an optimistic start to the semester turns into days dedicated that one pair of jeans that will never let you down, and that trustee hoodie.

So yes, your daytime outfits may have deteriorated in quality and you may have lost hope altogether. But bring on the night and you’re feeling free to experiment and create new looks.

Men in Black

These two are one of the very few people that could probably get away with wearing sunnies indoors and on a night out. Along with the statement sunnies, you’ve got the addition of silk ties, a crisp white shirts and fitted suits. Is it presumptuous to say these outfits are a clear nod to the beauty that is Will Smith in Men in Black? Either way, they’re winning in their matching gear. The addition of the Fedoras is especially a nice touch as it gives the whole look a playful edge.

Glam squad

We should probably start from the top – their hair. Dark, rich and voluminous. The benefits of wearing a simple black dress are not only the minimal but sleek sexiness that comes with it but the chance to experiment and amp up the look with hair and makeup. They both compliment each other perfectly, while one opts for an intense smokey eye with big curls and a soft lip, the other sets a bold lip against a matte face and dark, thick hair in a flip over style.  The long sleeves and the wrap shape of the dress creates a more elegant look, however, the sexiness is still retained through the fierce makeup and voluminous hair.

Starry eyes

This must have been one of those moments where you and your friend were both getting ready together or when you finally met up, you both realised you were somehow coordinating. Here you’ve got one of the girls creating a sense of a starry night in a dazzling, sequinned plunge top. The other opts for black velvet crop top to set off the prints of moons and stars. Although unintended, this combo works; the sequins on the top and velvet material gleam against the buzzing lights of DBE.

Touch of blue

Firefly is definitley a promising club, with music ranging from pop and house to hip hop and grime. The decor is also something to be impressed by with the wooden furniture, artsy brick walls and vines hanging from every corner. What will probably impress your more is these guys’ and casual- chic look. It doesn’t matter what you say, a turtleneck, a good pair of skinny jeans and chelsea boots will always win, it’s an easy way to make statement. In this case not only are are their basics top-notch, but the addition of the textured navy blazer dresses up the clean, minimal outfit.

Weekend retreat

A usual night in Echos calls for a casual pair of jeans and a tee-shirt, maybe a buttoned up polo if you’re hoping to make an impression. Yet it seems that these guys didn’t get the memo, but no one is complaining. This squad manages to bring ‘golf buddies on a weekend retreat’ to the chilled yet vibrant vibes of Echos and still manage to impress.

Suited and booted

It is true what they say, there is something about a man in a suit, but not just any suit, but one that is snazzy and fitted in all the right places. Coupled with a clean shaven face or a well-trimmed beard and perfectly coiffed hair. And why not mix it up and opt for a double-breasted blazer? Or step out of the safe zones of black and blue  and experiment with warm, camel tones and before you know it you’re already channelling your inner Gatsby.