Bouncers to patrol the streets to curb noise

Busybody locals are at it again..

Student bouncers could be enlisted to police Luff’s hotspot areas on the busiest nights of the week.

The suggestion came after the buzzkill Residents’ Group Neighbouring the Campus (RGNC) lost their battle with the Charnwood Borough Council for independent street marshals to curb the unwanted noise that comes from the uni.

The liaison group, consisting of disgruntled locals, the uni, the local council and street pastors decided the security trained students should police their own if independent street marshals can’t be introduced.

Marshals will be introduced as part of a four-week pilot scheme.

The scheme could be introduced at the end of the academic year and a permanent scheme could be set as early as October. More discussions will follow in a search to abolish the noise soon in February.

The student marshals would have the power to confiscate alcohol from poor students. The sober marshals would also have the right to demand names and addresses of any disorderly student, working alongside campus security and the police.

We don’t even drink…

The decision has so far met mixed reviews from students and locals a like:

Tom Adams, a fresher historian suggested, “Getting students to monitor other students is ridiculous, it would be the equivalent of when someone you hated who got prefect at school and abused their power all the time”. “Why should a fellow student be allowed to tip my alcohol out in the street?”

A local killjoy, who wished for their name to not be disclosed told The Epinal, “The students don’t understand how loud they are, whether they do it consciously or not, we have work to get to in the morning whereas they majority of them can relax after their wilds nights.”

“Something needs to be done”.

Second-year English student, Alex Jones simply stated, “It’s logistically harder to employ trained non-students.”