Buzzkill locals propose new club rules to curb noise

Sorry mate, last entry was 11…

anti-social behaviour Loughborough Loughborough University

Joyless locals have formed another group who want to impose strict rules on clubs in an attempt to reduce anti-social behaviour and noise from delinquent students.

The Residents’ Group Neighbouring the Campus (RGNC) has been formed with the intention of forcing the uni and Charnwood Borough Council to apply strict new rules to clubs.

In another attempt to stop us having fun, the group has put forward draconian plans on club entry.

Proposals put forward by the newest super group suggest that clubs, including the Students’ Union, should introduce an 11pm last-entry policy and an abrupt close at 3am.

Drink problem?

The rage-filled community also want to see the council impose a late-night levy, in which clubs and bars will have to pay a fee if they continue to sell alcohol past 12pm.

It is intended that these fees will provide enough cash to fund the killjoy street marshalls, which were proposed earlier in the year.

A local resident said: “People around here are fairly quiet, it doesn’t take much for them to make a phone call…”

A spokesperson for the uni said they take the matter seriously. They said: “Excessive drinking is an issue the university takes seriously and the university has an internal working group which is currently working on a programme of initiatives.

“Students are, of course, adults and as such are ultimately responsible for their own alcohol consumption.

“The university has no authority in respect of the opening and closing times of licenced premises but Loughborough Students’ Union has said it would commit to working constructively with any borough wide initiative.

“Discussions on the introduction of street marshalls have already taken place although we are yet to see firm proposals.

“Depending on the specific proposals, different parties may have concerns about the costs, legal status, range of coverage and effectiveness of a scheme. The university is committed to ongoing dialogue.”