Freshers win the Comic Con Costume competition

The use for GCSE Paper Mache skills has been revealed

| UPDATED comic con competition costumes winners

This year, an abundance of devoted fans took over London to attend Comic Con. This years CEX costume winner was none other than a Loughborough student – of course. We walk on water.

Ruth Chadwick and William Roberts attended the event in home-made costumes inspired from the video game Bioshock, focusing on the Rapture setting.

They won a £250 CEX voucher from the costume, beating competition from over 1000+ entries every year.

Ruth told The Epinal: “The big one, my boyfriend did, which took him month.

“Mine was actually squeezed in last minute and I built it from my bedroom in just under 6 days.

“It doesn’t look as amazing as his does of course, but I had to rig the helmet with lights, construct the armour, paper mache it all, paint it, make the arm plasma needle etc.”

Ruth explains the format of the competition: “They have a photo booth at comic con where you go to enter.

“Then they upload it to the CeX Facebook Page where people like the cosplays they think are the best. The one with the most likes after a certain date wins.

“The CEX picture really doesn’t do it justice as it cuts out the detail on top of the helmet and the plasma needle on my arm! My boyfriend and I entered the same competition back in May with our Ghostbusters costumes and we won then too.”