Life of Adam Young celebrated on campus

Friends, family and Faraday came together as one

| UPDATED Adam Young memorial

Yesterday, a memorial was held for second year Adam Young.

With his friends, girlfriend and family present, speeches were made by the Head of Chemical Engineering Professor Richard Holdich, Reverend Chris Taylor and his best friend Ryan McMahon.

Remembered as a hard-working student, great friend and all around nice guy, love and loss was a prominent feeling amongst the group. Whilst the emotion was raw, the memorial was a fitting send-off to such an individual.

At 2pm the ceremony began at Faraday Halls, with stories shared about Adam: Deputy Head Boy at his old Sixth Form, BP Perry’s Book Prize winner and member of the Faraday family.

With the weather cleared up, a final tribute was made to Adam with the setting free of orange balloons, as a direct send-off from Faraday.

A moments silence then followed as a time to reflect on the positive role that Adam played in all the lives that he touched. With every guest wearing the Faraday orange, it was not hard to see how loved he was.

Guests were then invited to make their way back to the Faraday dining hall where stories and pictures were shared about Adam’s life. As only an event like this can stir, the unity of the group could be felt as honour was paid to Adam’s memory.

Adam Young’s death, like every other, was a shock to the community. Whilst at home over the summer on September 10, a fatal car accident took place. Adam was a passenger in a car when it crashed into the central reservation of a dual carriageway, when travelling towards Goole. As a registered organ donor however, Adam has helped between 40- 50 people since his death.

The memorial of Adam Young, held on the November 14, was a touching and emotional event.

For all of those that knew Adam know that his charm, humour and genuine personality will be sorely missed. Our thoughts are with all of those that knew Adam and to his family at this tough time.

The way that Adam was honoured yesterday shows the impact he had on his friends, Faraday and Loughborough. He will be sorely missed by everyone.

Kate Bradley attended Adam’s school.