Men’s Basketball dominate from the start

Loughborough 91 – 72 Sheffield Hallam

basketball Loughborough Sheffield Hallam

Reiss Haggith explains how the impressive BUCS 1 team cruised to an easy win over Sheffield Hallam.

They’re all really tall

“The aspirations this season are simple, better last year by winning the BUCS final, especially seeing as its being hosted at Loughborough this season.

“The team is shaping up nicely, the guys are coming together and everyone seems to be buying into our team values and aspirations. We just cant wait to get the season underway and show everyone what we can do.”

Is there anyone worth playing out there?

Loughborough cruised to a 91-72 win over Sheffield Hallam in the end. Despite the impressive Nick Lewis’ best efforts for the visitors.

After the game Reiss had this to say:

“I think everyone played there part well and it was a great team effort but I think Conner Washington was particularly impressive, as he was great offensively, scoring a variety of shots, got his team-mates involved, he also played good defence on their best player and got plenty of rebounds, as always a good all round performance by him.

“Overall we were very happy with the game, we got a good win under our belts against a talented team, great way to start the season.”

Yes, that is David Haye

“Still got a few areas to improve on, in particular cohesion and smoothness on offence, that will come as we progress in to the season.

“Other than we did what we needed to do to win and everyone played their part, just got to keep the ball rolling and try to continue to build on a great opening game.”

Defence

“Next week we have Worcester away, this is always a tough game as they have a lot of talent and depth to their team. But we have a point to prove from last years finals and its imperative that we get after them from the beginning, focusing on playing our brand of basketball and taking care of the ball. If we can do that we will be fine.”

Where History Begins

Follow us for live updates.