We spoke to Freshers… and their parents

The Epinal relived the mixed emotions of move-in day – we nearly got a bit teary.

| UPDATED freshers moving parents

On a day where freshers were rushing to unload their cars and unpack their bags, we spoke to them and the people who have made the last 18 years possible.

Elliot and Vanessa, with son Noah

Elliot: My hopes are that he settles in and establishes himself here. Hope he enjoys himself, it’s a new level or step in his life. I trust him to behave.

Noah: I hope not to remember most of freshers week.

Vanessa: Sorry?

Noah: I don’t know… I’m just hoping it’s a good week.

Vanessa: I think he’s quite a sensible boy, he’ll be fine.

Gary and son Mathew

Gary: I hope he enjoys himself, settles in, and does well for himself. I trust he’ll behave at uni.

Mathew: Freshers’ week is going to be wild, maybe.

Julie and son Greg

Julie: I hope that he enjoys himself tremendously, and he does whatever he wants to do with his career. University is a good stepping-stone. It is a great university. I think he’ll behave. I’ve told him that he needs to do everything in moderation, and get the balance right.

Greg: Apparently it’s mad, just a mental week pretty much.

Pete and Julie, with son Scott

Julie: I just hope that he’s happy. That the course is everything he hopes it will be, makes lots of fantastic friends and to make the most of the opportunity this university gives him. Hope he fulfills his dreams.

Pete: I trust he will make the most of the opportunities as well, it is a fantastic place.

Scott: Intense, minimal sleep probably. That’s all I can say in front of my parents really.