The winter is back and so is Freshers

Lufbra’s Freshers week will be plagued by rubbish weather.

| UPDATED freshers Loughborough weather

Cloudy skies and dull weather will mark the first two weeks of each fresher’s university career. The bad news may resign many students to their bedrooms to discover a friendless, sexless and disgustingly sober existence instead of the excitement that awaits those less bothered by the weather.

Pack a coat and brave the weather.

Any thoughts of the summer continuing into the first term should be quickly squashed to avoid disappointment and this is only amplified by Lufbra’s infamous winds that frequently batter the campus – but there’s no way that this should mar any true student’s first week at Lufbra.

Okay, so the weather’s not so horrendously bad that you’ll be cowering away from thunder and lightning under the bed sheets, with an average temperature of around 14 degrees Celsius. The sunshine will be replaced by clouds instead of rain.

“I can’t believe I’m missing Universal Thursdays at the Union for this…”

Not to fear though, unless you join your university’s token “hiking society”, it’s unlikely that many of your freshers activities will be taking place outside, with pubs, bars and clubs (where you’ll be spending 90% of your time, no doubt) usually structurally sound with a roof over their heads.

Your hair will still be ruined though. The ‘Wet Look’ NEVER works.

Just try and limit the fag breaks. Those things will kill you anyway.