Inside the real Menendez family Beverly Hills home – and what the house looks like today

It sold for $17million just this year

Right now the case everyone is talking about is that of Lyle and Erik Menendez, who killed their parents in the family’s Beverly Hills house. Netflix show Monsters retells the chilling case, which ended in the brothers receiving life sentences.

Lyle and Erik’s parents were José and Mary Louise “Kitty” Menendez, who were killed in the home on August 20th, 1989. In March 1990, the Menendez brothers were arrested for their parents’ murders and placed on trial. They were found guilty, and have been in prison ever since.

The address of the Menendez house is 722 North Elm Drive, in Beverly Hills, California. The house was originally built in 1927, and redesigned in 1984. Ahead of the death of José and Kitty, the home was widely known as one of the most special and sought after properties in the area.

Here’s a look inside the real life home, and what it looks like now.

The Menendez family house is still there today and sold earlier this year

The 9,063-square-foot, Mediterranean-style villa on Elm Drive boasts seven bedrooms, nine bathrooms, a pool, a huge balcony and games room. It also has a separate guest house, and tennis court – which was a big pull for the Menendez brothers, who both played.

via Zillow

Lyle and Erik Menendez house today

via Zillow

When Lyle and Erik’s father José bought it, in 1988, he paid $4million, but it’s now worth over quadruple that price. After the murders, the home had problems selling, which you could probably imagine.

According to the LA Times: “It was widely believed by the home-buying public and the real estate brokers and agents that this house had bad karma, and was one to be avoided.”

via Zillow

via Zillow

A real estate agent description for the home reads: “Elegant Mediterranean-style villa is located in the coveted Beverly Hills flats. This flawless seven bed, nine bath family home boasts high ceilings, a grand entry with a dramatic circular staircase, imported Italian limestone flooring, a gourmet kitchen complete with high-end appliances, and a walk-in pantry.

“The massive primary suite is complete with double baths and designer closets. The pool is surrounded by park-like grounds and a two-story guest house.”

Lyle and Erik Menendez house today

via Zillow

via Zillow

However, after the murders, it was reportedly purchased by a Saudi Prince, who rented it out for $50k a month. Mystery writer and Murder, She Wrote co-creator William Link then bought the house in 1993, and he lived there for eight years before selling it again.

Lyle and Erik Menendez house today

via Zillow

According to Zillow, the house was last sold earlier this year. It was sold in March 2024, for $17million – the sale was on exactly the anniversary of the day the jury convicted the two brothers of first-degree murder.

Now, the house is often featured on social media from people doing “murder tours” – where they go and visit homes that became infamous crime scenes. Tour buses often roll by the mansion, and just a quick look on TikTok and Instagram can show people doing walk-bys to get a look.

Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menendez Story is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.