Suing Netflix to Piers Morgan’s show: Everything real Martha has said after Baby Reindeer

She’s determined to ‘set the record straight’

Baby Reindeer has been the TV show everyone has been talking about recently – and now the real life Martha, Fiona Harvey, who stalked Richard Gadd as per the Netflix show, has said plenty about her depiction.

From clapping back at how Netflix has made her look, to signing up for an interview with none other than Piers Morgan, Fiona Harvey has made sure her side of the story is told. She has told viewers of Baby Reindeer that in her opinion, not everything that happened in the show is how it was in real life.

Here is a complete rundown of everything Fiona Harvey, the real life Martha, has said since the release of Baby Reindeer on Netflix.

Fiona Harvey character Martha in Baby Reindeer on Netflix

via Netflix

After Baby Reindeer was released, Fiona Harvey said she was the victim of the story

Straight after Baby Reindeer was released, viewers were trying to track down the real Martha. Richard Gadd released a statement asking people not to do this, but at the same time, Fiona was doing interviews to share her side of the story. At the time she was kept anonymous, but now Fiona Harvey has identified herself as the real Martha, and said she is happy to be named.

At first Fiona Harvey said she didn’t even know who Baby Reindeer creator Richard Gadd is. “Richard Gadd who is not known to me wrote a show four or five years ago for the festival fringe called Baby Reindeer it would appear to be popular on Netflix now among twenty-somethings with no brain,” she said on Facebook. “I do not follow the rantings of Richard Gadd or failed comedians like him. I have no idea what he’s said apart from a few quotes thrown at me this week by other people.”

She continued: “He seems to have some fat ugly woman called Martha being played by an actress pretending to be me. Again. I do not know this actress. Richard Gadd was a jobbing barman in the Hawley Arms, Camden. I did know that. I used to live in Camden and no longer do.”

Then, speaking anonymously to the Daily Record, she added that she felt she was the victim in the whole situation. “I’m the victim here, not Richard Gadd,” she said. “I’ve had death threats as a result of his show despite the fact that a lot of the things he claimed are just not true.

“I was in Richard Gadd’s company on occasions but I didn’t stalk him like he claims. His story is that this is a gross intrusion into my privacy. I haven’t seen him for 12 years.”

via Netflix

Fiona then said she wanted to sue Netflix over Baby Reindeer

Speaking to The Scottish Sun, Fiona then said she is a successful lawyer, with plans to sue Netflix over the show. “I have a claim against Netflix as this is being billed as part of a true story,” she said.

Fiona added: “There’s a fat actress that’s supposed to be me. I’m a highly competent lawyer. I’d have to do it myself. I’m very good. I have a photographic memory and can memorise huge files. I was top in my school at everything. People are probably saying I’m a mass murderer. This can’t continue. I will kick their asses.” Speaking of Richard Gadd, she added: “I am very attractive. He’s not Brad Pitt.”

She was ‘targeted by a cult’ amid backlash from the show

via Netflix

Fiona then said she’s received death threats from people who have watched the show, and has likened the people messaging her to a cult. She said she has been harassed herself, and “could be killed” by “nutters” who won’t stop hounding her.

“These people are nutters. It’s a cult thing like the Moonies,” she said in an interview. “I’ve had to block people who say they are determined to stalk me the same way I am stalking them.”

She added she fears for her life following the show on Netflix, and said: “Apparently, I play with baby reindeers all day. What upsets me is that some of these stalkers could be dangerous. They could be violent. I could be killed. I’m not suicidal…but I think this would have driven anyone else to suicide. I really do.”

Talking of people approaching her and reaching out to her, the woman added: “These people need to get a life. They need to do their housework, go and get a degree, get a job.”

She said she doesn’t have a Netflix subscription, but has been forced to cancel plans because the show has got in the way of her normal life so much. “This whole situation has wrecked my week. I’ve had to put off several appointments,” she added. “I’ve had to cancel a hospital operation and there have been domestic things I have tried to get done but this takes up so much of my time.”

Then Fiona revealed her true identity and said she didn’t go to prison for what happened

via Netflix

It was then that Fiona Harvey identified herself as the real Martha, and called the Netflix show about her a “load of rubbish”. In an interview with Daily Record, Fiona Harvey explained: “You have my authority to name me. I give you my permission to name me because people have to know what is going on.”

In Baby Reindeer the character based on Fiona was jailed for four-and-a-half years before she met Donny, and this is a scenario Fiona has strongly denied ever happened.

She explained: “I’ve not been to prison. I don’t know where the four -and-a-half years and nine months comes in. None of this happened. It’s a load of rubbish. Gadd needs to prove I went to jail which just didn’t happen. I’ve never been sent to jail. That is blatantly obvious.

“Police at your door would be the first thing, then you’d be charged, then you would have a trial. Then you’d be fined or something or go to prison. This is all made up and hyperbole. There are no restraining orders, injunctions or interdicts anywhere. There’s just no way. I’ve not had the police at my door about any of these things. It’s a load of rubbish. I don’t have any money but I’m a perfectly capable lawyer so I will represent myself.”

Now she is planning TV appearances, and is going to ‘set the record straight’ with Piers Morgan

Shortly after revealing herself as the real Martha, Fiona Harvey said she was going to do a TV appearance about Baby Reindeer. It’s now been confirmed she is appearing on Piers Morgan Uncensored and will “set the record straight” about claims made in the Netflix series. She said: “Any semblance of a normal life I had is gone. It’s open season on me and this is my chance to speak out.”

Baby Reindeer is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.