How to delete Temu account

Explained: This is how to delete your Temu account if you want your soul back

Lots of regrets rn

You’re either one of two people right now. You’ve either got a superiority complex because you’ve managed to bag yourself a load of free money from Temu just for literally sticking a few details in or you’ve got a superiority complex because you haven’t signed up to it and you’ve read through the slightly dodgy terms and conditions of the money giveaway.

Temu’s terms and conditions say that by signing up, you agree that your “likeness, voice and opinions” as well as your photos and other biographical information for Temu to use however it likes. The company is basically paying you for all your personal data.

So if you’re in that first group, first of all, console yourself with the 18 best Temu memes about, but after that you might be wanting to know how you can delete your Temu account.

So, how do I delete my Temu account?

To delete your Temu account, you can either use the Temu app or via the website at Temu.com.

Temu App:
1. Log in to your account and click on your user avatar located at the bottom of the screen.
2. Click on “Settings”, and then go to “Account Security”.
3. At the bottom of the menu, click on “Delete your Temu account”.

Temu.com:
1. Log in to your account and click on your user avatar located in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Click on “Account security”.
3. Click on “Delete your Temu account” at the bottom of the screen.

When you press this you’ll be warned that it means everything in your account will be deleted forever. The website says: “After the deletion is processed, you will lose all data and content in your account, including communication records, files and images. And you will no longer be able to make purchases on Temu app or Temu.com.”

How to delete Temu account

You will also have to provide a reason as to why you are deleting your account.

After you request to delete your Temu account you will be automatically logged out and, according to the website, your account will be deleted within seven business days. If you change your mind, you can log back in and cancel the deletion before the deadline.

The Tab has contacted Temu to confirm if deleting your account also means your data is deleted and will bring an update when we know more information.

A Temu spokesperson said: “Temu gathers user information solely for the purpose of delivering our service and to enhance customer experience. We do not sell user information. The terms and conditions highlighted are commonplace in similar promotions held by various companies across different sectors.”