Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce slammed by PETA for zoo trip

Omg, Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce have been slammed by PETA for going to the zoo

He can deffo talk to the animals tho

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce have faced criticism from the animal rights and welfare group PETA for visiting the zoo while on tour in Australia.

Taylor is currently in Sydney as a part of the Australian leg of the Eras Tour, and instead of jetting back to the United States between her dates in Melbourne and Sydney, she has opted to stick around and take in the sights. Part of this has included taking her opening act, Sabrina Carpenter, to Sydney Zoo and then taking Travis again the next day after he arrived. This staying around could be either to save getting scrutinised for her jet usage or she just really likes getting to grips with Aussie culture. However, she couldn’t miss out on upsetting some people. This time, the ire is coming from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

“While we understand all too well the appeal of seeing Australia’s wildlife, PETA hopes that next time Taylor and Travis want to see wild animals, they’ll spend their time and money at a true sanctuary,” PETA Foundation’s Director of Captive Animal Welfare Debbie Metzler told TMZ. 

Neither Taylor, Travis nor Sabrina have responded to the complaint. Probably because Taylor is too busy performing for record-breaking crowds, she recently did her mammoth three-hour show for 96,000 people at Melbourne Cricket Club, which marked a career-high for Taylor.

After hitting the zoo, Taylor helped Sabrina reach a childhood dream by duetting with her on her track, White Horse. The song, which comes from Taylor’s 2008 album Fearless, is a noted favourite of Sabrinas. Footage has emerged of a younger version of her singing it. While in Australia, Taylor has also teased her new album, The Dead Poets Society, and really announced a new version with the bonus song, The Albatross.