vote reality TV icons 2023

It’s time: The vote’s open for you to declare the biggest reality TV icon of 2023!

Whitney held 2023 Love Island together single handedly tbh

Honestly, this year might have been chaos – but one thing it delivered in spade loads was really great reality TV, chock full of icons for us to obsess over. Whether they gave us drama, cringe telly, talent or laughs – here’s a shortlist of the biggest icons of reality TV in 2023 and why I’ve nominated them. At the end, you’ll get to vote to have your say on who you think is the winner of the 2023 reality TV icons! Let’s go!

Avi Sharma (The Apprentice)

Via BBC

Love him or loathe him, Avi was the standout candidate of this year’s The Apprentice. In many ways, he summed up how much this show has lost its reputable ways and become a vehicle for carnage – but he was the kind of chaos that meant you didn’t mind. Charming, stupid, cocky – just great TV. And he made stupid raps after every episode that have to be seen to be believed.

Kate Butch (Drag Race UK)

Via BBC

It’s criminal that season five of Drag Race UK felt so underwetched, because the likes of Kate Butch made this season one of the best ever. Truly a hilarious person who proves that immaculate runways isn’t actually that important at all – as much as it is a nice addition. You become a fan favourite by having wit, class and iconic energy. A bit of an instant legend.

Kai and Sanam (winter Love Island)

Winter Love Island was a bore, but we got two of the best winners ever with Kai and Sanam. Just genuinely lovely people who you can’t help but root for. They’ve spent their post show life going from strength to strength and they’re both just so cute. What Love Island should really be all about.

Gareth Valentino (I Kissed a Boy)

Via BBC

I think the most memorable contestant on the best new reality show of the year, for all the RIGHT reasons, was Mother Gareth. In  the Masseria chock full of gays causing chaos, you could always rely on Gareth to call out any bullshit and stick up for what was right. Despite the romance Gareth found with Subomi on the show not working on the outside, he’s been killing the fashion game regardless. Mother.

Ella Morgan-Clark (MAFS UK)

vote reality TV icons 2023

Via Channel 4

Ella made history as their first ever trans bride on MAFS UK, and did so with great humour and love in her heart. She caused chaos – with a now infamous saga that saw her leave Nathanial for JJ giving us the best telly of the season and even though it started in controversy, it ended heart-warming and genuine. Ella did so much good for trans representation on telly by just existing – this vote for the best reality TV icons of 2023 would not be right without her inclusion.

Whitney Adebayo (Love Island)

Every year, Love Island’s summer season bestows upon us someone who changes the trajectory of our lives forever. Last year, it was Ekin-Su. This year was the year of Whitney – an instant character whose bluntness was as charming as everything else about her. She ran the season like the navy – and it’s a travesty she didn’t win the whole thing. Especially since Jess and Sammy split up rapid and her and Lochan continue to thrive.

Sam Thompson and Tony Bellew (I’m A Celeb)

vote reality tv icons 2023

I was very anti this season of I’m A Celeb – not just because it’s boring and tired, but because the inclusion of Farage and the sum they paid him is unacceptable. Nonetheless, I caught a few clips of the friendship between Sam Thompson and Tony Bellew and even from the brief bits I saw I know this unlikely friendship means it’s more than worthwhile they get included in here. They need a show together asap.

Sasha Colby (Drag Race)

vote reality TV icons 2023

Via World of Wonder

If this was a vote for which of these reality TV icons of 2023 is so long overdue their flowers, Sash Colby would have no competition. Before she won Drag Race this year, she was already a queer legend. A trans drag force of nature, seeing Sasha Colby getting her crown felt like a victory lap. A worthy successor to RuPaul, if and when he retires. Mother, honestly.

Rozz and Thomas – MAFS UK

In many ways, Rozz and Thomas sum up why shows like Married at First Sight UK get made. Their relationship ran the full rollercoaster and back again. From not understanding why they were matched, to slowly falling for each other, to Rozz breaking Thomas’ heart and now managing to keep fans on the edge of their seat with their friendship that sees people ROOTING for them to get back together. They dominated the season.

Yinrun (Big Brother)

Via ITV

It was pretty impossible to not fall for Yinrun – and let’s face it, she should have won the season. A heart of gold, a perfect housemate and someone impossible to dislike. She proved why this show should never have been off air in the first place.

Now, it’s time to VOTE. Use your choice wisely.

For all the latest MAFS news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.