captain holt brooklyn 99 episodes

Captain Raymond Holt carried Brooklyn 99, so here are his funniest episodes of all time

Holt and Cheddar deserved their own spin off show

The sad news of Andre Braugher’s death has shocked us all, with tributes and memories of the actor pouring in from Brooklyn 99 cast-members. We can all agree that Captain Holt was the best character on the show, and some, if not all, of the funniest scenes of the show are thanks to him. From giggling over marshmallows to losing it over dentists calling themselves doctors, Captain Holt carried every Brooklyn 99 episode and will without a doubt go down in Hollywood history as one of the greats.

These are the funniest episodes of Captain Holt on Brooklyn 99

Skyfire Cycle

via Netflix

Captain Holt’s boning scene is up there as one of the funniest Brooklyn 99 moments of all time. Watching as the Sargent lost his rag and screamed “BONE” from his office doorway out of pure sexual frustration after Amy tried to “Monty Hall” him is just a niche that wouldn’t have been funny by anyone else.

9 days

captain holt brooklyn 99 episodes

via Netflix

The Brooklyn 99 episode where Captain Holt and Jake both got mumps will never not be hilarious to me. It’s such a random plot line and the hysteria was just so comical. I finished that episode with mump puns to last me a lifetime, should I ever meet such an ill fate.

Ransom

captain holt brooklyn 99 episodes

via Netflix

We all saw a new side of the Captain during this episode, where among the chaos of Boyle and Terry’s bone broth start up and Amy and Rosa partaking in a competition to win a stroller, Cheddar the corgi goes missing. Jake Perolta goes undercover as Kevin and Raymond delivers just one of his many savage lines: “That’s weird, It’s sunny outside.”

Jake then asked: “Why is that weird?”

“Because a fu*king storm is about to rain down on that punk,” Bosh.

The Box

captain holt brooklyn 99 episodes

via Netflix

This episode saw Holt absolutely loose it over a suspect calling himself a doctor, when he in fact happened to be a dentist. Despite popping his lid over such a trivial matter, I actually gained a whole new respect for the Captain after this scene. He speaks facts.

The Lake House

captain holt brooklyn 99 episodes

via Netflix

Maybe it’s Holt’s random outbursts, or perhaps it was his birdcall flirting with Kevin, but this episode was both funny and wholesome. Seeing Holt and Kevin partake in Jake’s parent trap, or “Das Doppelte Lottchen!” was enough to make anyone giggle.

Coral Palms: Part one, two and three

via Netflix

The whole trilogy of episodes which saw Holt and Jake undercover in Florida are just golden. Captain Holt and his actions as straight man “Greg”, which saw him ruse Ruth out of $3,000 for his non-existent baby momma, were delivered perfectly. In fact, all scenes where Holt played a straight man were just so funny.

Plus the fact that Jake got dyed tips while undercover whereas the Captain just changed into coloured clothes is also so Holt coded.

Honeymoon

via Netflix

Captain Holt’s t-shirts in this episode alone deserve their own shout out – both the “pineapple slut” and hard body shirts especially. Holt as a third wheel showed a vulnerable side to him but his miserable holiday stories were actually jokes. His dulcet tones made every line satire but you just couldn’t not feel sorry for him. A real legend.

RIP Captain Holt. You’re with Cheddar now.

Friends is streaming now on Netflix. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and more fun stuff like this rundown of Captain Holt and his funniest Brooklyn 99 episodes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.