Sophie Anderson died

Cock Destroyers icon Sophie Anderson has died aged 36

Rebecca More has paid tribute to her close friend on Instagram

Cock Destroyers icon and porn legend Sophie Anderson has died aged 36. The news of her passing comes two weeks after her boyfriend Oliver Spedding also passed away.

Sophie Anderson made up the Cock Destroyers with Rebecca More, and the latter paid tribute to Sophie on Instagram last night. More wrote:

“I’m devastated hearing the awful news of Sophie’s passing. We shared some amazing times together and that’s how I’m going to remember her.

“The bubbly, funny, kind hearted soul who was outrageous on the outside but also so gentle behind closed doors. We were very close, and we shared a crazy time together that was totally unique to us. That’s how I will remember her. This is so tragic but I know you are now at peace. I will always love you and hold a special place in my heart.”

The Cock Destroyers went viral in 2019 after their porn teaser video where they comply declared “We’re f*cking cock destroyers, aren’t we babe?” instantly got embraced by the queer online community. Since that video blew up, Sophie Anderson along with Rebecca More became icons in their own right not just in porn, but in gay culture too. They toured the clubs, they got parodied on RuPaul’s Drag Race and even got their own reality show: Slag Wars.

Sophie Anderson was such a pure soul, and the news that she’s died is truly shocking and sad. Her videos like “Fuck – it’s a Sunday” and “driving for dick” – the latter of which became a music single – are etched into online fibre forever and her legacy will always live on.

Fans on Twitter have been outpouring love for her, with one saying “Dreadful to hear about Sophie Anderson. Online queer culture turns ten people a day into jokey icons, but not before or since has anyone taken it with such heart, aplomb and fun and turned it into something so real. There for the fundraisers, not just for the bookings.”