Sophie Anderson Damian Oliver death

Cock Destroyers Sophie’s partner dies two months after spreading death hoax about her

Footballer Oliver Spedding, AKA adult film star Damian Oliver, had controversial relationship with Sophie Anderson

The Cock Destroyers, namely Sophie Anderson and Rebecca More, became overnight gay icons in 2018. Their viral video, featuring the two humongous breasted queens declaring they were the titular cock destroyers on a mission to despunk those balls hit an audience they weren’t aiming for: Twinks on Twitter. Since then, and despite a fallout between the two with the Cock Destroyers going on indefinite hiatus in 2021, gays have the backs of Rebecca and Sophie. This year in particular has been hard on Sophie Anderson. Here’s a full timeline of everything that’s gone on for Sophie Anderson this year, including the breast injury, illnesses, the death hoax and the death of her partner Damian Oliver.

Since the Cock Destroyers disbanded in May 2021, Sophie Anderson kept busy in the public eye and the Gay Twitter eye by doing podcast appearances and did a show called Fucking Smart with Drag Race’s Willam. In July of this year, Sophie Anderson posted on social media about how one of her surgically enhanced breasts had exploded in the shower – just days after her fourth time suffering with sepsis in a year.

She then had to have major reconstructive surgery on her breasts, which obviously has impacted her work in the porn industry whilst she’s been recovering. During the years since Sophie Anderson and Rebecca More have parted ways as the Cock Destroyers, Sophie has been in a relationship with footballer Oliver Spedding who now makes adult films and goes by the name Damian Oliver. Damian Oliver and Sophie Anderson posted a lot about their lives on their socials, especially this year.

In September, Damian Oliver posted on Twitter / X that Sophie Anderson had died. Screenshots circulated of Oliver declaring that she’d “died unfortunately”. One reply of him giving funeral details is still live on Twitter and X at the time of publishing this.

This was confirmed to be a hoax. Rebecca More confirmed on September 10th that she checked on Sophie and that the Metropolitan Police spoke to her and she’s okay. Damian Oliver claimed she was lying, but later posted a lengthy statement on how the death hoax resulted in him having to spend 20 hours in a cell and that it was all a “drunken joke”. Grim. He also claimed he and Sophie were now married and she was having his baby.

On 17th November, Croydon FC confirmed Oliver Spedding / Damian Oliver had passed away.

Fellow porn stars, like Andy Lee, also posted tributes to Damian Oliver. Two months after his death hoax about Sophie Anderson, her boyfriend Damian Oliver dies.

Croydon FC paid tribute to Damian Oliver on their website, saying ”

Croydon FC are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of our former player, Oliver Spedding. Oliver played for the club over a couple of spells and was a much loved individual who always gave his utmost effort for the team. Oliver will be hugely missed by everyone at the club and our thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time.”

Sophie is yet to post on social media and has said nothing since 15th November. No further details on what happened to Oliver Spedding / Damian Oliver have yet come to light.

For all the latest entertainment news, gossip and memes, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.