Big Brother Henry

Ascot and Ainsley Harriott: Inside Big Brother Henry’s boujee food critic life

Baby we don’t stop and and we don’t quit!

Henry Southan has finished Big Brother as a highly talked about housemate, for various reasons. Some good, some bad. The good of course being his hilarious old musical.ly video going viral, where he lip-syncs “baby we don’t stop and we don’t quit” to will.i.am and Pia Mia’s old bop Boys and Girls and a “Tory Heartstopper” whirlwind romance with eventual series winner Jordan Sangha. The bad being the fact he’s a Boris Johnson loving posho from the Cotswolds who wants to go for a pint with Boris Johnson. Here’s a look inside the insanely fancy life of Henry Southan pre Big Brother.

He works as a food critic

The 25-year-old is a professional food critic, and his worked as a journalist and blogger talking about food professionally for a good few years. He’s got bylines in big publications writing about food and giving out London restaurant recommendations. He’s written for the likes of Vice, The Evening Standard, The Independent and GQ.

His ‘day in the life’ video is the most boujee thing you’ll ever watch

If you haven’t got the time, energy or effort to press play: Henry’s day is as follows. An Amazon Prime screening in Shoreditch, then over to Bentley’s oyster bar in Mayfair, then Cecconi’s for coffee and a bowl of vongole (most of their mains are over 30 quid for a pasta), then to Ralph Lauren to buy some new trousers and then got the Tube back to East London to try new Borough restaurant Kolae. Henry then had a negroni at 180 and then went to a function at the Nomad Hotel.

I am literally shattered at the thought of doing all that in one day. And my bank account is weeping.

Boujee holidays with loads of eating out

This summer it was Mallorca and he scanned gambas pil pil like it was going out of fashion.

Brushing shoulders with celebs

At a launch event for some water with Jon Bon Jovi. My mum would be green with envy.

Also, Ainsley Harriott – icon.

And a trip to Royal Ascot… of course

The top hats are so evil.

For all the latest Big Brother, reality TV and entertainment news, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook