Matt Shona MAFS UK relationship

Shona and Matt from MAFS UK are ‘in love’ and have been secretly together for five months!

The two had an ‘instant attraction’ to each other at the reunion

I can’t believe the rumours that Matt and Shona were in a relationship together were true, but they are! Whilst they weren’t originally matched together on MAFS UK, Shona and Matt had an “instant attraction” to each other at the MAFS UK reunion, and have been in a relationship ever since. The two had to be like “secret agents” to make sure that nobody would find out that they were together, and have since told each other that that they’re “in love.”

Speaking to OK! magazine MAFS UK bride Shona described how the relationship is a “really healthy, happy, safe, fun, relationship, I really appreciate Matt so much, it’s what I deserve, we deserve each other.

“I’m proud to be his girlfriend and it just works.” But being together has had its challenges as they kept it a secret “for months” and had to be “so careful” while Matt was still on TV. Shona explained: “Matt would be driving and I would be in the back, we would be walking around Nottingham and I’d be all the way over there, we were like secret agents on a mission.”

“We had to do it, we had to be so careful,” Matt added. When asked if they wished they were originally matched on MAFS, Matt said: “We had to do what we had to do, my experience was good but we were meant to go on those journeys to find each other.

“Being together from the start would have been incredible but I think it happened this way around for a purpose.

“It just works, I didn’t expect it and when I first saw Shona I didn’t think we’d end up together, I thought she was very attractive.”

The pair appeared on the show at different stages so didn’t actually meet until the MAFS reunion which was filmed in June but aired this week. “I didn’t know who Matt was, he didn’t know who I was, although he did go on my Instagram,” Shona said.

“I had a little cheeky look because I thought ‘she’s fit’ and I thought ‘I need to see what this is about before I get to the reunion,'” Matt confessed. Shona continued, “We went to the reunion and Matt walked in and I was like ‘oh my god,’ we had a little hug but I could feel he was still caught up with Adrienne.

“I felt really empowered at the reunion, I felt so good, so happy, I was happy being single, in my element and there he was [Matt], I thought ‘he’s fit.'” They started to get to know each other at the reunion, swapped numbers and confessed that they had “an instant vibe.”

“I remember saying to Shona at the end of the reunion ‘You should come to Harrogate’ and she was like ‘Ok, I will’ but we didn’t rush into anything,” Matt said. Before explaining that he had “broken up” with Adrienne “four or five weeks before that” but hadn’t got “closure” until later.

Talking about Shona, he continued: “We said to each other it’s a bit soon, let’s not meet straightaway, so it was about five weeks after the reunion when we met.” Shona added: “I wanted to learn from my experience with Brad, I didn’t want to go in head first, I wanted it to be a slow burner.”

After five weeks of messages, Matt and Shona met for their first date in Sheffield. Shona took along her adorable pooch Winston, they went for breakfast, spent the day together and had their first kiss. Very adorable!

“It was so nice and since then it’s moved at a really natural, nice pace and Matt asked me to be his girlfriend,” Shona said. Explaining how he asked, Matt said, “I got Shona some sunflowers because they’re her favourite with a little card in the middle of them and it just said ‘Will you be my girlfriend?'”

Shona added that she thought Matt would be a “really big slow burner” and wouldn’t ask her to be his girlfriend “for ages,” but they became official two months into their romance.

Shona went on to confess: “We were nearly saying ‘I love you’ but I was scared to say it again because of everything that I went through, I felt like I could never say it again. I was feeling these feelings and trying to understand, is this lust, is this love? And then Matt looked at me and told me he loved me and I was like ‘I don’t believe you.’

“He kept having to say it to me for a bit and then I was like ‘I love you too!'” Matt said: “It’s going to be nice going places and being able to hold hands without having to worry anymore.” Shona added: “We’re excited to be free.

For all the latest MAFS news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook