Release date, villa and rumoured Islanders: What we know about Love Island All Stars

The launch date has just been announced!!

It’s official! Love Island has confirmed the All Stars series is coming and the start date has just been confirmed by ITV. There’s not long to wait until we have another series of watching hot singles try and find love in the famous villa, and this time it will be full of familiar Islander faces.

Yep, Love Island: All Stars will follow our fav Islanders from previous seasons, who didn’t find love obvs, as they give it a go all over again. There are already names being thrown about for who’s taking part, and it all sounds pretty wild. Here’s everything you need to know about Love Island: All Stars.

Love Island: All Stars is coming soon, and will be in the South Africa villa

Love Island: All Stars is replacing the winter series and will be airing on ITV1 and ITV2 for the first time ever. There’s not long to wait now as the start date has been announced as Monday 15th January with a “HUGE relaunch” plan for the show.

Former stars of the show will be heading to the South Africa villa, where the winter version of the show was held. Maya Jama is expected to host. The former Islanders will follow a similar concept to the normal show, cracking on and coupling up and trying to avoid being dumped from the Island. Bombshells will also be added to the villa along the way.

Mike Spencer, Creative Director of Lifted Entertainment, said: “It has been rumoured now for a while but we are thrilled to finally confirm that we are making Love Island: All Stars early next year for ITV2 and ITVX. It’s set to be a must watch series, as some of fans’ favourite Islanders from across the years heading back to the stunning South African villa to once again ‘graft’ as their search for love continues. I simply can’t wait!”

What we know about Love Island: All Stars

via ITV

Who has been rumoured to be in the cast of Love Island: All Stars?

There are a few Islanders who are believed to be taking part, as well as some more rumoured Islanders from Love Islands gone by. Megan Barton-Hanson and Georgia Steel are believed to be taking part, and 2017 winner Kem Cetinay has also been rumoured. Here’s a full list of the names in talks.

Despite it seeming like the obvious choice to pick single Islanders, because you know, the idea is to find love, MailOnline is reporting that “spoken for stars could also made cameo appearances on the show”.

A few Islanders have said they’ve been approached for Love Island: All Stars, but turned it down. Bosses asked Maura Higgins to take part, but she is in a relationship and said she ā€œdoesnā€™t want to go back in timeā€. Despite going back on the show before, both Adam Collard and Kady McDermott have reportedly rejected the chance at a third time lucky.

via ITV

‘Nothing is off the table’

Speaking about the concept and high-drama of the show, a source told The Sun: “Love Island bosses want to make sure theyā€™re out of the ratings slump when winter rolls around for All Stars. They are working out ways to give the show a real kick and to make the format have a lasting impact on viewers.

ā€œAt the moment itā€™s all just an open discussion and there are lots of ideas being put forward. Naturally, there is potential for old rivals to have it out on screen and to put old love triangles back into play.

ā€œBut some fresh faces could bring a twist. Will old hands stick with who they coupled up with before, for maximum impact, or risk everything for someone they actually fancy? It would really test out that argument that people now just use Love Island for fame. Itā€™s all very exciting for the team who are working on it because nothing is off the table.ā€

For the latest Love Island: All Stars news, and for updates, memes and gossip – like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.Ā