Luca Bish MasterChef

Every dish Luca Bish has made on Celebrity MasterChef, ranked by how shockingly peng it looks

Nobody saw this coming

There’s nothing better than a reality TV MasterChef crossover: Gemma Collins will forever go down in the show’s hall of fame for being the most chaos and calamity Gregg Wallace and John Torode have ever seen. So, nobody saw it coming when Love Island’s Luca Bish actually started smashing it on the show. “Now why tf am I seeing Luca Bish on MasterChef?” one person sincerely questioned on Twitter.

The bar of expectations was, to be fair, in hell. “I don’t really cook at home at all,” Luca said in his VT. “I’ve come on here mainly to save money because the restaurants and takeaways are getting a bit costly now.” But with Italian family and fish knowledge from his monger days— he’s actually cheffing it up. So, here’s a considered round up of of every Luca Bish dish on MasterChef, ranked by how shockingly peng it looks:

5. Pork fillet w/ mashed potato and honey-roasted carrots

Luca Bish MasterChef

Credit: BBC

Basically what happened here was Luca had to select a key ingredient for his dish blind and landed on pork, which he hates. He doesn’t like it. He’s never cooked it. He’s a steak man. Anyway, turns out he fried it right (with rosemary, like duh) but he’s not done any sauce, so it’s dry AF. Shame. The presentation is also comically sparse. The carrot sort of looks like it’s sunbathing. But it was the first go.

4. Cod w/ buttered asparagus and crushed new potatoes and poached pear for pudding

Luca Bish MasterChef

Credit: BBC

Gregg and John gave Luca an hour and fifteen minutes to make his classic dinner party dishes. But weirdly, although Luca made this for his friends and family last week, he ate a takeaway himself, which isn’t exactly a good sign. He’s put orange peel in the potatoes (should frankly be illegal) and, although the presentations way better, the fish is overcooked. Oops. But appaz the asparagus and sauce absolutely slapped.

Luca Bish MasterChef

Credit: BBC

For pudding, Luca’s poached a pear which Gregg says is almost restaurant standard (!!). Gold star from John (!!). A needed quick recovery.

3. Eggs Benedicts w/ potato rosti

Luca Bish MasterChef

Credit: BBC

For this challenge Luca was coupled up with Amy (I’m having Love Island flash backs). She had the recipe for the Eggs Benedict w/ potato rosti and Luca just had to follow her instructions. Not too different to his villa relationship with Gemma.

“An hour to make poached egg? Happy days,” Luca said cockily and, tbf, they smashed it. Well cooked potatoes. Good sauce. Perfectly poached egg. Perfectly cooked asparagus. No notes. Other than the fact that no brunch will ever top avo toast, tbh.

2. Green curry sauce mussels w/ paratha bread

Luca Bish MasterChef

Luca’s got panic in his eye as he’s thrust into the kitchen of an actual Soho restaurant to make food for paying customers. He’s got to cook mussels in green curry sauce with paratha bread and he’s got no experience cooking the shellfish despite having been a fishmonger.

The breads burning, the presentations all over the shop. But, once he slows down, things get better and everyone is raving about the flavours. So, he’s obv improving from the cod days.

1. Battered king prawns and haddock, seaweed dough ball and tempura courgette w/ tomato and basil arrabbiata sauce

Luca Bish MasterChef

Credit: BBC

Troublingly called Bish n Mix, Luca’s made what he would if he owned a food truck: Battered king prawns and haddock, seaweed dough ball and tempura courgette w/ tomato and basil arrabbiata sauce. You might not want it on a hangover, but you could definitely flog it to the yummy mummies in Cornwall. Rick Stein energy.

He’s through to the quarter final everyone.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.