Toby makes a shady dig at ex Chloe Burrows as she reveals why they broke up

Last month he claimed it was actually Chloe’s idea to split up

Toby Aromolaran made a shady dig about ex-girlfriend Chloe Burrows following scenes on Celebs Go Dating of her explaining how the couple broke up.

Toby and Chloe met on Love Island in 2021 and split a year later, which has since been put down to their relationship just not working.

During an episode of Celebs Go Dating, Chloe opened up about her split from Toby, claiming Toby ended their relationship and told her “this isn’t working”.

In a teary conversation with dating experts Anna Williamson and Paul C. Brunson, Chloe said: “He was probably the nicest boy I’d ever been with. But the connections you form [on Love Island], you can’t replicate it in real life.

“When he said, ‘This isn’t working’, I was really heartbroken for months. I was heartbroken. Things fell apart a bit and we both knew. I’m not going to beg for someone to stay with me.”

Following the episode airing on Tuesday 22nd, Toby seemed to have a different version of events as to why he and Chloe broke up.

Toby uploaded a video of rapper Central Cee rolling his eyes and wrote: “Wait you guys actually think it went down like that?” with a laughing emoji.

Toby previously told The Sun in July 2023 that it was Chloe’s decision to end the relationship. “At the end of the day it wasn’t a hard decision – once you’re having serious core problems, really and truly it’s done, isn’t it,” he told the publication.

“It’s one of those ones, because it’s my relationship I don’t want to say what those issues were. I haven’t really said it out loud to anyone really and truly, it’s almost like I’m running from it. I run from it.”

He went on to say that the pair were not talking. “It’s not her side that we’re not talking,” he said.

Ahead of her appearance on Celebs Go Dating, Chloe said Toby was aware that she was going to appear on the series. “Out of respect, I did tell him and he was like, ‘Do it’. I don’t know if he was jumping for joy but, he knew.”

For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.