Right, here’s exactly how Scott ended up in the cast of Love Island USA

It really was a quick turnaround

Ever since it was announced that 2023 Islander Scott van-der-Sluis was a bombshell on Love Island USA, everyone has been wondering how on earth this all came about.

One minute Scott was flying home from the UK show and dropping heavy hints he was getting back with Catherine, and the next minute he’s on a flight to the USA villa, and on dates with new girls. How did this happen?!

Since he’s been on the show, Scott’s friends and family have clarified how it all went down, and a few fellow Islanders have also shared what they think of his appearance.

Scott van-der-Sluis in the cast of Love Island USA 2023

via Peacock

So, how did Scott end up on Love Island USA?

The USA version of the show doesn’t come with the same rules around Islanders’ social medias, meaning right now Scott’s sister is running his Instagram account. On there, she’s clarified the timeline of how Scott went from the UK show, to being cast in the USA – and it sounds as though it was all a very quick turnaround. Scott was approached by Love Island producers, and within days was joining the cast.

“There’s been a lot of rumours circulating but Scott got asked a few days after leaving the UK villa and had to make a decision within 24-hours so by the time of the [Love Island 2023] reunion it was signed and sealed,” his sister posted on Scott’s Instagram page. “All other Islanders were aware and supportive of his decision.”

Love Island USA announced last weekend that Scott was joining the villa, attaching a new picture of him as an Islander. “From one villa to another! Tonight former UK Islander Scott is dropping in for a surprise date,” the post read.

After this announcement, Scott’s sister Steph wrote on Instagram: “Secret is finally out and before anyone jumps on a false narrative, he was asked to continue his Love Island experience after leaving the villa as he left alone and single.”

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.