Say bonjour to Mehdi, the communications grad adding some French air to Love Island 2023

I am looking respectfully

Are you ready for a summer full of swooning over good looking singles in a villa? Well you better be, because Love Island 2023 is here and new cast member Mehdi is turning up the heat.

He’s 26 and from France – and has said he’ll use his French charm to get girls in the villa. So, ahead of watching all of that go down, here’s everything you need to know about Mehdi Edno from Love Island 2023.

Mehdi Edno from Love Island 2023 cast

via ITV

Mehdi is 26 and from Bordeaux

New Islander Mehdi is 26 and from Bordeaux in France – he splits his time between there and London now. Mehdi works as a communications manager, and has a Master’s degree in communication.

When asked why Love Island, Mehdi said: “I’ve been single now for over two years. I’ve watched the show before, and my friends always say I should go on it – they say I’m made for it! So let’s see if they’re right or not.”

He said he’s been busy with his degree and work recently, but is now ready to find “the one”.

via Instagram @mehdiedno

Mehdi says he will bring ‘his French accent’ to Love Island 2023

I wonder how many times Mehdi is going to mention that he’s French? He said he’s going to bring “my French accent” to the villa, as well as “lots of laughter.” When asked how he pulls, he said: “I simply start by speaking French, that usually gets girls interested.”

Mehdi said his friends and family would describe him as someone who is confident, kind and funny, and his exes would say he’s “the best”. He’s modest, too!

Just one look at Mehdi on Instagram and I’m sweating

One day, the Love Island photographer will do time for their crimes. Take a look at Mehdi’s Instagram and you can see what he ACTUALLY looks like, and I think it just got hot in here?

Wow. Ok. Mehdi’s feed is loads of smouldering holiday pictures, and he has just over 6k followers ahead of being on the show. His handle is @mehdiedno.

Mehdi Edno from Love Island 2023 cast

via Instagram @mehdiedno

What gives Mehdi the ick?

It’s dealbreaker time – what gives Mehdi the ick? “Clingy girls, and girls that act and talk in a childish way,” he said. “I like a sophisticated girl who looks after herself.”

He said looks are important “but they aren’t everything” and instead what he is more looking for is “a good sense of humour and someone who is outgoing and up for an adventure”.

Ahead of joining Love Island 2023, Mehdi was asked his favourite moment from the show’s history

His answer was a bit of a cop-out to be honest, and I’m disappointed, He went down the soppy route, and said: “I like seeing the couples who are still together today like Tommy Fury and Molly-Mae. It’s beautiful to see them still together, looking happy and with a family now too.”

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.