Ugly Betty cast now

12 years since the show ended, this is what the cast of Ugly Betty is up to now

It’s an injustice it only had four seasons

It has been 12 years since Ugly Betty ended and honestly, there’s not been a better sitcom since. Starring America Ferrera, as a young woman who was desperate to make it in the fashion industry, the four seasons we were like no other. It’s been well over a decade since the TV show aired and finished, and the cast have been doing all sorts. Along with reuniting over the years for television specials and at award shows, here’s where the cast of Ugly Betty are now:

America Ferrera – Betty Suarez

America Ferrera starred as Betty Suarez, a college grad who landed a job at fashion magazine Mode. Ugly Betty skyrocketed America’s career, making her the first Latin woman to win the Emmy award for Outstanding Lead Actress. After Ugly Betty, Ferrera went on to voice the role of Astrid in all three of the How to Train Your Dragon movies. Many people will recognise America in recent years for her role in Superstore as Amy. She is also set to star in the upcoming Greta Gerwig Barbie movie.

In 2011, America married Ryan Piers Williams and they have two children together, named Sebastian and Lucia.

Eric Mabius – Daniel Meade

Eric Mabius played Betty’s boss who we all loved to hate. Following on from Ugly Betty, Eric went on to star in Scandal and Chicago Fire. In a turn all celebrities take in their career, Eric has been the face of the Hallmark romantic comedy series Signed, Sealed, Delivered. They’re fairly cringe, but what else would you expect? Mabius has been married since 2006 to Ivy Sherman. Together, they have two children together called Maxfield and Rylan.

Vanessa Williams – Wilhelmina Slater

Vanessa Williams has served in every single TV she has even starred in. After Ugly Betty’s ended, Vanessa joined the cast of Desperate Housewives for seasons seven and eight. Since then she has starred in Daytime Divas, Bad Hair and Modern Family. The former Miss America has been married three times over the years but is currently married to Jim Skrip, and has been for seven years. She has four children all from her previous marriages.

Ana Ortiz – Hilda Suarez

Ana Ortiz is an American actress and singer and starred as Hilda Suarez, Betty’s older sister. After playing the role of Hilda, Ana made a splash in the Lifetime series Devious Maids as Marisol Suarez. Over the years she has starred in Whiskey Cavalier, The Mindy Project and Love, Victor. She also made an appearance in an episode of Superstore, alongside America Ferrera. Ana has been married since 2007 to Noah Lebenzon and they have two children together.

Tony Plana – Ignacio Suarez

Tony Plana was already an established actor before his role as Ignacio Suarez on Ugly Betty. In more recent years, Tony has starred in the Netflix series One Day at a Time, Playing With Fire and Superstore. Tony was married well before his Ugly Betty days, and has two children with his wife Ada.

Mark Indelicato – Justin Suarez

Justin was Betty’s fashion-obsessed nephew, played by Mark Indelicato. In 2012, Mark stopped acting to begin his studies at New York University. Since then he has starred in White Bird in a Blizzard, With Love and most recently starred in the TV series Hacks as Damien.

Becki Newton – Amanda Tanen

Becki Newton played the role of the forever snide Mode receptionist, Amanda. Becki is best known nowadays for her role on How I Met Your Mother as Quinn, but she has also starred in the likes of Divorce and The Goodwin Games. More recently, Becki currently stars in the Netflix series The Lincoln Lawyer. Becki has been married to Chris Diamantopoulos since 2005.

Michael Urie – Marc St. James

Michael Urie starred as one of the main characters in Ugly Betty as Wilhelmina’s personal assistant. Michael made his mark in the theatre world over the years and as starred in the likes of Bright Colors and Bold Patterns. Michael still acts in TVs and movies and in 2021 he starred in the Netflix film Single All the Way.

Ashley Jensen – Christina McKinney

Ashley Jensen is no stranger to the screen as many fans will recognise her from the iconic Christmas film Nativity. Ashley played fashion designer Christina McKinney and Jensen has continued acting non-stop. Alongside doing voice work in the films How to Train Your Dragon and Sherlock Gnomes, she has also starred in the Netflix hit series After Life.

Ashley was married for 10 years to Terence Beesley, but they divorced in 2017. She has one child with Terence, called Francis.

For all the latest Netflix news, quizzes, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.