influencer 5:19 video

This TikTok influencer says her job is really hard because she had to work until 5:19pm

Who is going to tell her about overtime?😳😳

Mikayla Nogueira, a beauty TikTok influencer, is under fire for complaining that her job is too hard because she had to work until 5:19pm.

She posts beauty content onto TikTok for her 13.5 million followers, you may recognise her thick Massachusetts accent. Mikayla is currently in the middle of an online controversy over a comment she made about how difficult her job really is.

In the clip circulating online you can hear Mikayla say: “Literally just finished working, it’s 5:19pm – trying being an influencer for the day, try it.” The viral clip then cuts to moments where she shows off designer stuff like bags, shows and sunglasses.

The full clip however was filmed in response to a comment telling Mikayla to get a nine-to-five job. Her full response was: “Every single day, I get up at 6am. I spent about five to six hours filming video content that ranges from three to four videos and then I spent a few hours editing that content. Then I have to work on my other social media profiles, whatever it may be. It’s fucking marketing. Then I’m in meetings from twelve to five.

“I literally just finished working, it’s 5:19pm. Try being an influencer for a day. Try it. Because the people who say it’s easy are so far out of their minds. Try it for a day.”

@ilovewater2001

She’s such a hard worker 🥺 condolences, Mikayla. #mikaylanogueira #mikaylaxglamlitepahttwo

♬ original sound – Grub Assham

People on TikTok have been specifically using the line where Mikayla says: “I just finished working, it’s 5:19pm. Try being an influencer for the day. Try it.”

One person on TikTok claimed it was out of touch and another person said: “Most people getting off of work at five o’clock can barely pay their rent, but being an influencer is so hard y’all.”

Mikayla Nogueira has been approached for comment.

Feature image credited to @mikaylanogueira on Instagram.