A true crime documentary series about Jeffrey Dahmer is coming to Netflix next month too

It will feature never-before-heard audio interviews with Dahmer himself

Just as everyone is watching the drama series on Netflix where Evan Peters portrays serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer, a true crime documentary version of the case is being released too. The Conversations with a Killer series is back, and this time it’s taking a look into the chilling story of Jeffrey Dahmer.

If you want to know more about the case, the additional three-part series is coming to Netflix in a matter of days. Here’s everything you need to know ahead of its release.

Conversations with a Killer: The Jeffrey Dahmer Tapes on Netflix

via Netflix

Conversations with a Killer: The Jeffrey Dahmer Tapes tells the story of the case, using interview tapes with him and his defence team

Jeffrey Dahmer killed 17 young men and boys between 1978 and 1991, making him one of the most notorious serial killers in history. He would often lure his victims back to his apartment, drug them and murder them. He was a cannibal, and ate a number of body parts from his victims.

via Netflix

When Milwaukee police entered the apartment of 31-year-old Jeffrey Dahmer in July of 1991, they found a freezer full of human heads, skulls, bones and other remains in various states of decomposition. Dahmer confessed to sixteen murders in Wisconsin over the previous four years, plus one more in Ohio in 1978, as well as unimaginable acts of necrophilia and cannibalism.

The discovery shocked the nation and stunned the local community, who were incensed that such a depraved killer had been allowed to operate within their city for so long. The new series asks the question: Why was Dahmer, who had been convicted of sexual assault of a minor in 1988, able to avoid suspicion and detection from police as he stalked Milwaukee’s gay scene for victims, many of whom were people of colour?

via Netflix

The true crime documentary is the third in a series from director Joe Berlinger (CWAK: The Ted Bundy Tapes, CWAK: The John Wayne Gacy Tapes) and features never-before-heard audio interviews between Dahmer and his defence team, delving into his warped psyche while answering these open questions of police accountability through a modern-day lens. The upcoming docuseries highlights interviews with those who worked closely with Dahmer, including his lawyer Wendy Patrickus, during his high-profile case.

Watch the trailer for Conversations with a Killer: The Jeffrey Dahmer Tapes here

Conversations with a Killer: The Jeffrey Dahmer Tapes will be available on Netflix from October 7th. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.