do revenge filming locations real life

All the stunning and boujee filming locations in Do Revenge, Netflix’s newest teen movie

The school in Do Revenge is actually a university!!

The newest teen movie offering from Netflix is Do Revenge, and it’s safe to say absolutely everyone cannot stop talking about it. Do Revenge stars Netflix royalty Maya Hawke and Camila Mendes, it’s inspired by classic 90s and 00s teen movies like Clueless and Mean Girls, and it’s all around pretty bloody iconic. The movie is full of amazing costumes and sets, and there are a whole load of stunning real-life locations that filming for Do Revenge took place in.

Do Revenge is set in Miami, Florida, and filming was meant to be in LA, but they moved the whole location to Atlanta, Georgia because of scheduling conflicts with Stranger Things, which Maya Hawke (who plays Eleanor) also stars in as Robin. Jennifer Kaytin Robinson, the director, writer and producer of Do Revenge, said if they’d waited to film after Maya was done in Stranger Things they wouldn’t have been able to have Camila Mendes (who plays Drea) as part of the movie, and if they’d filmed with Camila in LA, they wouldn’t have been able to have Maya. Jennifer said: “I was like, ‘Nope, it has to be both of them.’ So we moved the whole movie six weeks before production.”

Here are all the filming locations of iconic new Netflix film, Do Revenge:

Rosehill school

via Netflix

via Netflix

The Do Revenge school is called Rosehill, and like much of the rest of the film contains Easter eggs and references to iconic 90s teen movies, like one of the building’s signs reading “Horowitz Hall” (as in Clueless protagonist Cher Horowitz), as well as other signs around the building referencing different iconic characters. The filming location for the Do Revenge school is actually Oglethorpe University – a liberal arts uni in Atlanta. It looks like this in real life:

The iconic fountain at the school is a homage to the movie Scream, and Jennifer has said they built it specially for Do Revenge and it doesn’t actually exist in the school’s filming location. “The fountain in the center of Rosehill does not exist in the location. We built that”, she said. “And it is an homage to Scream (1996). Obviously, Do Revenge is not a slasher, but tonally it’s something that I went to a lot.”

via Netflix

The mall

After Drea and Eleanor hatch their revenge plan, there’s a classic makeover scene as in every single other teen movie ever. We see them walking into a place called Curio at Faena Bazaar and this actually exists in real life! The building describes itself as a “standalone boutique” and retail platform selling fashion, jewellery, art and more in Miami Beach, Florida.

via Netflix

The rehab centre

The rehab centre, or “Heavenly Palms Rehabilitation Center and Spa”, where Carissa and Erica both end up and Drea visits, is actually an incredibly boujee and expensive home in Atlanta in real life, according to Atlas Of Wonders. It was built in 2010 and has an estimated market value of around $8 million, making it one of the most expensive homes in Georgia. It has six bedrooms, 11 bathrooms, a huge pool and a wine cellar, as well as a cinema room and a home gym. You can see it on Zillow here.

via Netflix

via Netflix

The houses

In Do Revenge we see a few of the character’s houses – Drea’s birthday party at Tara’s house at the beginning, Eleanor’s house, Drea’s and Max’s. It’s unclear where the real life filming locations of these Do Revenge characters’ houses are, but it seems like they’re real-life homes around the city. In this behind the scenes video shared by Jennifer, it shows Camila Mendes and Maya Hawke jumping on a trampoline in what looks like the garden of where they were shooting, in-between filming scenes for Eleanor’s birthday party.

do revenge filming locations real life

The beach

Although most of the filming was done in Atlanta, as Do Revenge is set in Miami, some of the external shots and scenes were apparently filmed in locations in Miami. We see the beach a couple of times in Do Revenge – when Drea goes to the beach and sees Russ and Carissa, and then again at the end of the movie when Drea and Eleanor drink wine after finally exposing Max. Apparently this was filmed on Miami South Beach.

via Netflix

do revenge filming locations real life

via Netflix

Do Revenge creator Jennifer has shared a behind the scenes video on Instagram of this filming location:

Eleanor and Gabbi’s date

It looks like Eleanor and Gabbi’s date, which is outside near the beach, could have also been shot in Miami, judging from the palm trees. Behind the scenes shots released by Netflix show a busy path filled with people and palm trees.

via Netflix

do revenge filming locations real life

via Netflix

Do Revenge is out on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.