Amber Gill has come out publicly for the first time since her ‘switching teams’ tweet

She says she meant exactly what she said

Love Island 2019 winner Amber Gill has publicly come out for the first time since her “switching teams” tweet from last month.

In an interview on FUBRAR Radio she said the tweet where she swore off men is “how I came out”.

Speaking to hosts Bobby Norris and Stephen Leng on the radio programme, Access All Areas, Amber said the tweet was an “off the cuff comment” but admitted it was “true” and she meant exactly what she said.

Amber hinted she may be part of the LGBTQ+ community after saying that “switching teams” was the best decision she has made in her life. In a series of tweets, Amber commented on what the boys were getting up to during Casa Amor and she said it made her “feel ill” watching them, and that she couldn’t put herself “through it again” with a man.

Stephen asked Amber if she came out in her tweets, she said: “Accidentally, I remember looking at it and thinking shit, what have I said?” She continues: “Like a lot of my friends were like if you were gonna do it anyway, that’s the typical way that you would do that.

“Normally people have these lovely, beautiful stories and lovely, beautiful real Instagram posts, like just lush. I’ve put switching teams on a tweet and that’s how I came out.”

The hosts also asked Amber if there was a woman in her life and she said there isn’t right now, but she’s open and doesn’t have a type when it comes to dating women.

Since winning Love Island, she said she has found dating a challenge and doesn’t know why. She said: “I’m very picky now. And like, very attuned to what I like and what I don’t like so I don’t know if that’s part of the reason.”

She said she gets the ick when people are on Instagram too much, taking photos of everything. She said: “This is for a guy though, I don’t have many icks when it comes to girls, but for guys, I’m way harsher.”

For all the latest Love Island news, memes, quizzes and gossip – follow The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.