Murad Merali has lost almost 20,000 followers since his fetish video past surfaced

He’s the second most unfollowed account on Twitter today

YouTuber and podcast host, Murad Merali has lost almost 20,000 followers since videos emerged earlier this week of his fetish video past on OnlyFans.

On Tuesday, a video was posted on Twitter showing what is alleged to be Murad engaging in extreme foot fetish content. The (graphic) video shows somebody spanking someone’s face with their foot. Following this, further videos came to light accusing Murad of taking part in “raceplay”. Raceplay is a fetish focused on two people consenting to use racial slurs and derogatory comments during sex. He’s also alleged to be behind the deactivated account “arabmasterboy” where screenshots were shared of the account handle allegedly using a derogatory slur for Chinese people, the N-word and referring to people as “monkeys”.

In a video posted on his YouTube channel yesterday responding to the allegations, Murad admitted to having a foot fetish and that he produced the foot fetish content to make money. He said the written and “severely derogatory comments” were not written by him, saying: “This is not who I am.”

How many followers has Murad Merali lost?

Murad, who is most well known for interviewing Love Island stars on his YouTube channel has lost a combined 18,605 followers across his social media channels according to Social Blade.

His YouTube channel has taken the biggest hit. Since Monday he has lost 13,000 followers. He previously had 302,000 followers but now this has dropped to 287,000 f0llowers. That’s around one in every twenty of his subscribers unsubscribing from his account.

His Twitter account has lost the second highest number of followers. He’s lost 4,976 followers in the past 24 hours. According to Social Blade, he’s the second most unfollowed account on Twitter in the world today.

His Instagram is less impacted. He was still gaining followers on Monday and Tuesday and has since lost 675 followers in the past 24 hours.

Despite dropping to 287,000 subscribers on his YouTube account, he’s still kept a post of himself holding balloons of the number “300” and a caption about reaching 300,000 subscribers on his Instagram feed.

What has Murad Merali said about the situation?

Murad has posted a YouTube video accepting responsibility for some of the fetish videos allegations but denying others. He said: “First and foremost the written content is not me, the severely derogatory comments are not written by me and I will stand by that – this is not who I am. Some of this content is also not me and I can profusely apologise, I take full accountability for how this has come across and how everybody has felt from this content.

“Some of this content is me, not now, not recently, in the last five to six years, not any moment now.”

Read a full rundown of everything said in his “Addressing my past” video here.