Erm, Sadie Sink came very close to not getting cast as Max Mayfield in Stranger Things

I can’t imagine it being anyone else

Imagining anyone else other than Sadie Sink as Max Mayfield is essentially an impossible task – but it was recently revealed that was almost the case. Max Mayfield is honestly one of a kind and straight from meeting her in season two, Sadie Sink has become a big fan favourite.

In an interview with Deadline, Sadie Sink spoke about her audition process for Stranger Things and revealed she almost didn’t land the role of max because she was considered “too old” for the part.

Sadie, now 20, was 14-years-old when she auditioned for Stranger Things and luckily she proved the casting director she was the perfect fit for Max.

She says: “I just begged and pleaded wih them to give me more material so I could show them something fresh.” The casting team then had Sadie do a “chemistry read” with Gaten and Caleb who play Dustin and Lucas. It was shortly after this she was hired for the part of Max Mayfield.

via Netflix

Also in her interview Sadie says her life has felt like a “coming-of-age movie”. She says: “It’s such a weird and specific situation about the Stranger Things cast and I are all in because the world knows who our beloved characters are but we’re still trying to figure out who we are as people. I think being in the industry accelerates you and you mature faster. But for the most part, it’s just so fun because the cast is all going through it together.”

Stranger Things is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.