heartstopper-cast-pride-2022-netflix

The Heartstopper cast turning up to Pride is the best thing to ever happen on planet Earth

In a word: Iconic

On Saturday, London Pride celebrated its fiftieth anniversary, with over a million people turning up to mark the occasion. There were lots of famous faces within the crowds including Dame Kelly Homes and an usually glittery Keir Starmer. But the most iconic appearance at Pride came from the cast of Netflix show Heartstopper. I’m not exaggerating when I say that it was potentially the best thing to have happened on planet Earth ever.

For the absolutely oblivious, Heartstopper follows a queer friendship group negotiating relationships during their tumultuous teenage years. Kit Connor and Joe Locke, who play Nick and Charlie respectively, were spotted at Saturday’s parade. Also in attendance were Jenny Walser, Sebastian Croft, Corinna Brown, Tobie Donovan and Kizzy Edgell.

The Heartstopper cast danced in front of anti-LGBTQ+ protestors

When an anti-LGBTQ+ protest broke out on the side of the parade, the Heartstopper cast danced in front of them as Whitney Houston’s I Wanna Dance With Somebody blasted out of a speaker. Incredible.

Toby Donovan made a speech

At one point, the show’s very own Toby Donovan took to the stage and said: “We are so happy to be here today to celebrate 50 years of Pride in the UK.”

Here are some more iconic pics and vids of the Heartstopper cast at London Pride 2022:

It was a busy weekend all round for the cast

Several members of the cast appeared in a Gogglebox Pride special on Friday night as well as at Joe Lycett’s Big Pride Party on Sunday.

Heartstopper is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook. 

Featured image background: Unsplash (edited)