First Kill is the new teen drama on Netflix you’re about to become obsessed with

Oh, so I have weekend plans now?!

Today, Netflix has released its latest teen drama series – First Kill. It’s already trending on Twitter, just hours after being released, and everything is pointing at it being everyone’s next obsession. So naturally, you want the lowdown on the series.

The eight-part drama is a fantasy meets romance series, and combines two things that are going to make for a great show: Queer relationships and vampires. Truly a combo I didn’t know I needed until now. It’s based on a short story by creator V.E. Schwab.

What you need to know about First Kill on Netflix, the plot synopsis and trailer

via Netflix

First Kill on Netflix is all about a vampire and a vampire hunter who fall in love

The show has a pretty unconventional and not exactly ideal premise. What could be the worst type of person for a vampire hunter to fall in love with? A vampire? Hmm, yeah. About that. Juliette and Calliope fall in love after meeting at school. But, they’ve both been tasked to make their first kills.

via Netflix

When it’s time for 16-year-old vampire Juliette (Sarah Catherine Hook) to make her first kill so she can take her place among a powerful vampire family, she sets her sights on a new girl in town named Calliope (Imani Lewis). But much to Juliette’s surprise, Calliope is a vampire hunter from a family of celebrated slayers. Calliope needs to gain her vampire-hunting family’s approval to join them on their missions once she slays her first vampire. Both girls find that the other won’t be so easy to kill and, unfortunately, way too easy to fall for.

Watch the trailer for First Kill on Netflix here:

Catch me watching this all weekend.

First Kill is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.