Penelope Colin Bridgerton season three

Omg guys! Netflix just confirmed Bridgerton season three will focus on Penelope and Colin

Dearest reader, I am shaking

Netflix has finally confirmed season three of Bridgerton will focus on the relationship between Penelope Featherington and Colin Bridgerton.

Big fans of the show will know this is an exciting shake up from Julia Quinn’s original order of the books as Polin’s story is actually told fourth in Romancing Mister Bridgerton.

Nicola Coughlan, who plays Penelope, found out she was the leading lady in season three a few months ago. She said the showrunner Jess Brownell spoke to her and Luke about season three and said “I think people are going to be really obsessed” – we can’t argue with that can we?

Apparently Luke’s favourite hobby is looking at the “Polin” hashtag online to see what people are saying about them. He says: “There’s so much love for that relationship. Which brings it pressures because there are people that are really excited about this story to come to the forefront. But also it really warms me.

The season two finale showed Colin telling a group of ton men he would “never dream of courting” Penelope. But he wasn’t aware that Penelope was stood near him at the time, heard everything and left the ball devastated. Luke called this a “savage” scene and apparently he’s made the Polin fanbase triggered with how it played out. He says Colin said it as a “throwaway comment” at a drunk party but what really matters is “how important it is to the audience and how important it is to Penelope.”

Netflix has pointed out this is Bridgerton’s first showcase of the “friends-to-lovers” trope. Since finding out about Polin taking the lead, Luke, Nicola and Jess’ groupchat is full of musical options for Penelope and Colin in season three of Bridgerton. Luke’s first choice is “Yellow” by Coldplay because of Penelope’s dress colour – a little bit iconic if you ask me.

The release date for season three of Bridgerton has not yet been confirmed. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.