So, Ben Affleck just denied asking Selling Sunset’s Emma Hernan out on a date

Emma claimed they had matched on Raya

Ben Affleck has denied he tried to date Emma Hernan from Selling Sunset following a revelation she made on the new season.

During episode five of the new season of Selling Sunset Emma claimed she had matched with Ben Affleck on celebrity dating app Raya, and he asked her out for coffee on multiple occasions.

As part of a conversation with Chrishell about her dating life, Emma said Ben: “May or may not have been texting me. He may or may not have asked to grab … coffee a few times.”

She also went onto mention they have something in common, she said: “We have the Boston connection, so that was his opening pick-up line.”

Emma and Ben both grew up in the state of Massachusetts, which Boston is the capital of.

via Netflix

In the same scene Chrishell joked Emma could have stopped “Bennifer” aka Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck getting back together last year. Emma claimed their chats happened “right before” J-Lo and Ben got back together.

However a representative for Ben Affleck denied Ben had been talking to Emma and said he had not been active on the app in years.

They said: “Raya has confirmed that he has not been an active member for several years.”

via Netflix

Since the episode dropped on Netflix last week Emma said her interaction with Ben actually happened in 2019 and it wasn’t shown in Selling Sunset this was the case.

Speaking to E! News, Emma said: “It was not recent. This was 2019. Literally, the smallest, innocent little thing. … [It] blew up out of proportion.

“I think on the show, you didn’t see the timeframe and it just seemed worse. And it was literally the smallest thing. End of story. We’re shutting that one down now.”

In later episodes of Selling Sunset Emma is seen going on a number of dates with property developer Micah McDonald who she said she is still seeing.

Selling Sunset season five is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.