Brooklyn Beckham slated for cooking show with huge crew and costs to make a sandwich

It takes 62 people and $100k to help Brooklyn Beckham make a sandwich

In the latest video of his cooking show, Brooklyn was overheard asking how to know when a hash brown is cooked

Brooklyn Beckham now has his own cooking show, and it reportedly takes a crew of 62 people and $100k (£74k) to help him cook for eight minutes and make a sandwich. This seems like money and resources well spent.

The latest episode of the show, Cookin’ With Brooklyn, shows him making a bagel, and he’s been absolutely slated for not having the most basic of cooking skills. According to the New York Post, the video had a team of professionals on hand including a “culinary producer” who approves the recipes, five camera operations and nine producers. The Daily Mail reports each episode costs $100k to make and the crew is 62 people.

In the clip, Brooklyn is making bagel sandwich with a hash brown, coleslaw and fried sea bream. Brooklyn doesn’t actually cook anything in the clip, other chefs do, and instead he just layers it all up and spreads the mayo. He doesn’t know how to fry fish and can also be heard asking how to know when a hash brown is cooked. “I eat half the fish and then I like, mess it all up and put it in two loaves of bread with the fish, vinegar, salt, mushy peas,” he said in the clip.

In a savage review, a source told The Daily Mail: “He is to cooking what [his mother] Posh was to singing. Apparently the guy has to be shown really super basic things and has a cheat sheet of expressions from whisk to parboil, several illustrated with pictures.” They added more about Brooklyn’s need for a huge crew in his online videos, saying: “It’s unheard of. It’s the sort of crewing you would expect on a big TV show.”

This isn’t the first time Brooklyn Beckham has been slated on a cooking show. Last year, he was absolutely ripped for the abomination of an “English breakfast sandwich” he served up. He appeared on the Today show, for some reason making a cameo as the chef that day, where he was introduced as a “social media sensation”. He then began to make his “recipe” for a classic “English breakfast sandwich” which was just an egg, sausage and bacon on white bread. He said the recipe has been in his family for generations and was torn to shreds on Twitter.

Classic.