The women from The Tinder Swindler have set up a GoFundMe to get their money back

Their target is currently set at £600k

The three women featured in Netflix documentary The Tinder Swindler have started a GoFundMe to raise back the money they lost to conman Simon Leviev. At the end of the Netflix film, it is said that Simon is living as a free man whilst the women are still paying back the debts they have as a result of meeting him.

In the film, Cecilie Fjellhøy, Pernilla Sjoholm and Ayleen Charlotte speak of how much they lost whilst being conned by Shimon Hayut, who they believed was Simon Leviev, the son of billionaire Lev Leviev. Cecilie is said to have sent him over £200,000 whilst Ayleen lent him £100,000. The films states Leviev stole around $10million (£7.4million) from his victims, all over the world.

via Netflix

The women have started a fundraiser, and right now there have been over 700 donations to the page, with the top being a single donation of £1,200. The women have raised over £16,000 of a £600,000 total. “You’re probably here because you’ve heard about our story, and we appreciate you taking the time to search and find this page,” the description reads.

“The past few days have been a whirlwind, and we three (Ayleen, Pernilla and Cecilie) have been completely shocked and floored by the flood of compassion and support from everyone. The sheer love is more than we ever expected, and we appreciate you all so much.

“After careful consideration, and many chats, we have decided to start this GoFundMe fundraiser. So many people reached out to us asking if we had one, and it hadn’t occurred to us to make one prior to this. However, we’ve spotted plenty of fakes, which makes us uneasy. We don’t want more people getting defrauded. We realise there are a thousand other worthy causes to donate to, and remain forever grateful if you choose to donate to this one. All we want are our lives back.”

In an Instagram video announcing the campaign, Cecilie said: “So, the girls today – Pernilla, Ayleen and myself – have decided after careful consideration to open up a GoFundMe, an official one, where we are trying to get some funds for all of us. She thanked everyone for their support so far, and added: “We know that there’s a lot of other things people might want to help others with, but if you want to support us, thank you so much.”

You can donate to / view the GoFundMe page set up by the victims of The Tinder Swindler here.

The Tinder Swindler is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.