The story behind the ‘Bitches come and go, bruh’ TikTok audio is actually really sad

It’s all sad boy vibes

Right now, your For You Page is probably flooded with loads of couples getting far too close together and mouthing the words “Bitches come and go (bruh), but you know i’ll stay” into each others’ faces. It’s kind of cute… I guess?

It may well be every couple’s favourite TikTok trend right now, but where did the “Bitches come and go” audio come from? Who is even singing it? And what is the backstory behind the viral audio? Here’s everything we know about the “Bitches come and go” TikTok audio.

Where does the ‘Bitches come and go’ TikTok audio come from?

So it turns out, the audio is originally from a Yung Lean song, “Gingseng Strip 2002”, which was released in 2013. In fact, the the Swedish rapper’s rise to fame is largely credited to this song.

The original YouTube video is produced with many hallucinogenic effects that create a dream-like, drug induced visual.

What does the song actually mean?

So this is where it gets kind of deep. Fan theories on Reddit have come together to work out the meaning of the song’s title, which apparently is in relation to Suboxone, which is a combination medication used to treat opioid addiction.

Not only this, but apparently prior to Lean’s second studio album “Warlord”, he was heavily abusing drugs. As the chorus of this track evidently shows, “Yung Lean in the club/ For some morphine (morphine)”, it relates to his dependence on the drugs.

The lyrics also reference “poppin pills”, “acid trip” and “cocaine addict”, all of which contribute to this theory.

Lean also wrote a shoutout to the “Sad Boys” movement in his intro: “Emotional shawties in this bi*ch”. “Sad Boys” were known to be boys or men who communicate their personal struggles with mental health. Lean’s lyrics therefore reflect this intense desolation.

And that’s it! Knowing this though, the trend seems a bit out of place. Either way, they’re kind of amusing and you can check some of the best out below:

[tiktok]

@debby_u28 #floatingcup 🥰🥰🥰❤️ #ginsengstrip2002 #viral #fyp #ginsengstrip2002challenge #foryoupage ♬ Ginseng Strip 2002 – Yung Lean

[/tiktok]

[tiktok]

@jazlynvs💙♬ Ginseng Strip 2002 – Yung Lean

[/tiktok]

[tiktok]

@sydd.41 only reason I don’t unalive myself is because if I did nobody would be here to feed phil #foryou ♬ Ginseng Strip 2002 – Yung Lean

[/tiktok]

[tiktok]

@jewelllywell that didn’t work out♬ Ginseng Strip 2002 – Yung Lean

[/tiktok]

[tiktok]

@lucki_the_dog #foryoupage #foryou #dog #petsoftiktok ♬ Ginseng Strip 2002 – Yung Lean

[/tiktok]