universities-poor-quality-courses

These are the universities where ‘poor quality courses’ could be scrapped

If a quarter of students on a given course don’t graduate, funding will be slashed and the course may have to discontinue

Following government plans to clamp down on “poor quality courses,” 26 universities could see certain programmes of study axed from their prospectuses.

Last week, the Office for Students announced the minimum standards all undergraduate degrees need to meet to continue operating.

80 per cent of students must progress into their second year of study and 75 per cent of students must graduate. A further 60 per cent of students must progress onto  “professional employment or further study” after the conclusion of their degree.

The unis that don’t meet these thresholds could be fined, which in all likelihood could result in the affected courses no longer being able to operate.

According to the criteria, the University of Wolverhampton has the most courses that are seen as low value according to the new benchmarks.

Data provided by think-tank Onward reveals the full list of universities where courses aren’t currently meeting the minimum standards and are therefore under threat:

Anglia Ruskin University

Buckinghamshire New University

Canterbury Christ Church University

Edge Hill University

Goldsmiths’ College

Kingston University

Liverpool Home University

London Metropolitan University

London South Bank University

Middlesex University

Nelson College London

Roehampton University

Staffordshire University

The University of Bolton

The University of West London

The University of Westminster

University College Birmingham

University of Bedfordshire

University of Brighton

University of Central Lancashire

University of Chester

University of East London

The University of Salford

University of St Mark & St John

University of Sunderland

University of Wolverhampton