pmqs memes

There’s no way these 21 PMQs memes could be mistaken for a work meeting

You sure you don’t want to resign prime minister?

Earlier today prime minister Boris Johnson attempted to apologise for an alleged party which took place at Downing Street during the pandemic in May 2020. During PMQs Boris said he went into the garden at Number 10 as he believed it was a work event despite 40 members of Downing Street staff allegedly drinking at a BYOB party.

He said: “With hindsight I should have sent everyone back inside. I should have found some other way to thank them.

“I should have recognised that even if it could be said technically to fall within the guidance, there are millions and millions of people who simply would not see it that way, people who have suffered terribly, people who were forbidden for meeting loved ones at all inside or outside, and to them and to this House I offer my heartfelt apologies.”

Unsurprisingly the House of Commons erupted and the majority of PMQs was spent with various members of the opposition asking Boris why he wasn’t resigning. To which Boris said we should all wait for the review. Cheers pal.

Whilst the majority of social media is furious with Boris’s words today, many users on Twitter have also been creating memes about his ridiculous statement, Theresa May’s appearance and the bizarre question about washing machines.

These are the 21 best memes about PMQs today:

1. Ooopsy

2. A true pile on

3. She must be loving it

4. And what?

5. Lol

6. My kinda party

7. It really does

8. That is all

9. Someone get the shoes out

10.  Now this is a party

11. The shade

12. See what the perks of resignation are

13. Quite simply

14. Hahahah

15. Do it

16. The real question

17. Hhahahah I am deceased

18. The way I would hate to see Boris at a foam party

19. Such a tough life

20. Accurate drawing

21. I’m done