'get a little lonely' TikTok

Ok, who actually sings the ‘get a little lonely’ dance trend song all over TikTok rn?

‘SO HOT YOU’RE HURTING MY FEELINGS!’

New year, new viral TikTok songs and sounds all over the For You Page. That’s how the cookie crumbles these days on that app, and I welcome a new song that I’m unable to get out of my head with open arms and open ears. If your FYP is anything like mine, it will be currently absolutely chock full of videos of creators doing a strange little pulling dance soundtracked by a vocoder laden bop. But who actually sings the “get a little lonely” TikTok song, and where’s the dance originally from?

@u.should.cocoso dramatic and for what♬ So Hot You’re Hurting My Feelings – Caroline Polachek

The song is called So Hot You’re Hurting My Feelings

Before we go any further, I’d like to announce that this song going viral on TikTok is the perfect way to start the year, because it’s honest to god one of the best songs of the last 10 years that flew under the radar commercially unless you’re a big music fan. The song is So Hot You’re Hurting My Feelings, by Caroline Polachek. It came out in 2019 and it was taken from her debut album under her own name: Pang. It was critically acclaimed.

Why’s it going viral and what’s the dance trend?

The dance trend in the “get a little lonely” TikTok song trend is the choreography from the So Hot You’re Hurting My Feelings music video. It starts in a one legged thoughtful pose, then swaps legs into a pulling hand motion when she sings “get a little more close to me”, then evolves into a sideways shimmy and a fan of your face for when she sings the song’s title. Cute, right?

It’s going viral because the trend is easy to replicate and the song is a bop. Caroline Polachek supremacy!

@carolineplzoops it’s me ♡♬ So Hot You’re Hurting My Feelings – Caroline Polachek

@msrebeccablack queers for polachek 2022 @Caroline Polachek ♬ So Hot You’re Hurting My Feelings – Caroline Polachek

Related articles recommended by this writer:

• This is where the ‘Are you new here?’ TikTok audio is actually from

• Here’s how to tell if someone has fake followers on TikTok

• This is how to do the AI Painter TikTok trend that’s all over your FYP