Derailed: TikTok train star Francis Bourgeois’ real name is… Luke

We’re just as heartbroken as you

The Tab can exclusively reveal that TikTok’s favourite “trainspotter” Francis Bourgeois’ real name is Luke Nicolson.

Public Companies House records show that Luke (AKA Francis) is the sole director of the company “FRANCIS BOURGEOIS LIMITED”, which was incorporated today.

Whilst some may find this news shocking, there’s still no reason to believe that his absolutely ridiculous enthusiasm for trains isn’t legit.

Francis AKA Luke, is a 21-year-old student at the University of Nottingham. The TikToker goes out and about to film his reactions to trains that come past.

He’s amassed over 1.7 million followers on TikTok under the name Francis Bourgeois – a name he seems to have borrowed from a court painter to King George III.

Luke grew up in North West London and has always been obsessed with trainspotting. When he was younger, he’d go to stations to watch the trains pass by, before returning home and drawing pictures of them from memory.

But when Luke moved to Somerset and began secondary school he felt he had to suppress his passion for trains so that he could fit in with the other children. It was only when he began his engineering degree at Nottingham University that he really started to come into his own.

Coming to university, I’ve turned a new page and allowed my passions to [flourish] and not be held down. It’s made me a lot happier,” Francis told The Face.

This might explain why Luke took the persona of Francis to publicise his passion of trains.

Luke (AKA Francis) is represented by Brother modelling agency and his aesthetic is a mix of cute train enthusiast and bad boy. He was also recently spotted raving at Manchester’s Warehouse Project, living his best life.

In fact, Brother modelling agency follows Luke on Instagram – whose bio links this agency directly. The agency however has no record of working with a Luke online – suggesting that they’ve also adopted his name to Francis publicly to keep up with his online persona.

Either way, people absolutely adore his videos.

In the comment sections of his TikToks, his adoring fans are keen to show how much Luke means to them. One said: “Your TikToks honestly make me so happy. Cheers pal. Your smile is infectious.”

Another added: “Nothing makes me more happy than this man’s love of trains.”