People are calling season three of YOU ‘darkly fun’, ‘so messed-up’ and ‘the best yet’

‘This show gets better every season’

658 days. 94 weeks. That’s how long we have waited to have Joe Goldberg and Love Quinn back in our lives. But today, Netflix released season three of YOU and the reviews of the new episodes sure as hell confirm it was well worth the wait.

The new season is ten episodes, set in a new area, and Netflix has described it as “very murdery”. So, despite the new location, Joe and Love are definitely back at their old tricks again. As you get stuck into the new episodes, here’s exactly what people have been saying in reviews of YOU season three so far.

What critic reviews and viewer reactions to season three of YOU on Netflix have said about the show

via Netflix

Season three of YOU sees Joe and Love move to Madre Linda for a fresh start as a family

In season three, Joe and Love are now married and raising their baby, Henry. They have moved to the wealthy and fancy Northern California suburb of Madre Linda, where they’re surrounded by privileged tech entrepreneurs, judgmental mommy bloggers, and Insta-famous biohackers. The area is cosy, wholesome and very, very rich. But, there’s a distinct lack of privacy there, everyone knows everyone’s business, which could be a sticking point for the Goldberg-Quinns.

Joe is committed to his new role as a husband and dad but fears Love’s lethal impulsiveness. And then there’s his obsessive ways too –  could the woman he’s been searching for all this time live right next door? Plus, Netflix has promised a lot of bloodshed in this season and the trailer showed little baby Henry being cast aside as mother and father, Love and Joe, dig what looks to be a grave. Wonderful parenting.

via Netflix

Reviews of season three of YOU say it’s ‘a binge-watching treat’ and the best season yet

The reviews of season three of YOU are pretty impressive. The Independent gave the series four out of five stars, saying it is an “amazingly fresh new instalment”. “Season three of YOU does a solid, often darkly funny job at meshing the troubles of Joe and Love,” the review continues. It goes on to compliment “savvy character development and snappy writing”, saying “it’s hard to imagine YOU being a better version of itself than in this third season.” It concludes that the show is “so fun, so messed-up”, and that’s why we love it.

RadioTimes also gave the new episodes four out of five stars, calling it a “binge-watching treat”. The publication calls it “deliciously dark” with “new, fun twists”. Glamour Magazine backed the third season as the best yet, whilst The Mirror adds that YOU season 3 is “a darkly fun outing for the Netflix series with stars Penn Badgley and Victoria Pedretti being better than ever.”

People on Twitter who have started binge-watching season three already are too saying how good it is. One said “this show gets better every season omg” whilst another added that it is “so fucking good”. Plus, just minutes in and Joe is eyeing up his murder cap. You love to see it.

Season three of YOU is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.