I did a charity shop haul at the Mind stores and this is everything I found

Does this make me a thrifting TikToker now?

No TikTok trend has such a hold over my life than thrifting videos. I could literally sit for hours watching girls far cooler than me show off the designer and Y2K inspired pieces they’ve found in charity shops across the country.

Where charity shops were once designated for the elderly, now the pandemic has created a whole new generation of charity shop lovers. Some people are doing it for sustainability, others for the cheap prices or for some because it’s just fun to hunt for treasures. Either way the majority of TikTokers manage to find such decent stuff, I’m considering abandoning my favourite online shops all together.

Mental health charity Mind has over 160 charity shops across England and Wales. The proceeds from the stores go to support people in the local communities and nationally by providing support for Mind’s helpline. The helpline is open 9am to 6pm on weekdays and you can phone them about mental health problems, where to get help near you and treatment options.

And so wanting to see if I could actually be as good as the TikTok thrifters I headed to the Mind charity shops in Stoke Newington.

The two shops were incredibly stocked with fashion, homeware and books. In my visit I saw plenty of cocktail shakers, vintage items and classic Topshop pieces. The staff are super helpful and the majority fo the stock comes from the local community. I ended up getting six items which cost me a grand total of £59.00 including two high end pieces.

This is everything I found in my Mind charity shop haul:

Cable knit Massimo Dutti jumper, £18

This was easily my favourite find from the haul. I’ll admit it’s a bit more on the expensive side than my other finds however this jumper would usually set you back at least £60, so in my mind this is actually a great saving for the perfect autumn jumper.

Black vintage shirt, £6.50

One of the great things about the Mind stores is the amount of vintage items they have, including this great black shirt I picked up.

Green crop top PrettyLittleThing, £5

Usually PrettyLittleThing is a big no from me but this is secondhand, so I’m helping the planet right?

The crop top is so bright it almost blinded me so it’s obviously perfect for a night out. My friends will never lose me in the smoking area now.

Black milk maid style H&M top, £6.50

This piece is so cute. It’s from H&M and could easily work for day or night and I will be constantly wearing it.

Pink floral top Topshop, £5.00

We will never get an actual Topshop store again but at least the pieces still live on in charity shops. This £5 Topshop floral crop top looks exactly like those ones in Urban Outfitters – but for a fraction of the price.

Green Paul Smith shirt, £18.00

This was the first piece I spotted when I went into the shop, it was practically calling my name. It’s a little expensive but given that usually the cheapest Paul Smith shirt is over £100, I will happily pay £18 for a shirt I can wear all year round.

See our TikTok for a look inside the Mind shops:

@thetab_Charity shop finds with @mindcharity ##charityshophaul ##thriftinghaul ##thrifttok ##mind ##freshers♬ FEEL THE GROOVE – Queens Road, Fabian Graetz

Shopping at your local shop helps Mind to support the one in four of us who experience a mental health problem every year. To find your nearest Mind shop, visit: mind.org.uk/shopsnearyou