Nah he tweakin

What does ‘Nah he tweakin’ mean and why is it all over TikTok comment sections rn?

Lil Nas X has claimed Tony Hawk is tweakin looool

If you’ve been scrolling on Instagram or opened up a TikTok comment section in the last 24 hours, you’ve probably seen “Nah he tweakin” is everywhere right now. The viral phrase is plastered on memes and is flooding comment sections and to be honest, if you don’t know what it means then you’ve probably been left with a little bit of FOMO. But luckily all your questions are about to be answered. Here’s an explainer on where the hell “Nah he tweakin” has come from and what the phrase actually means:

‘Nah he tweakin’ started with Tony Hawk and Lil Nas X

I never thought I’d see the day when Lil Nas X and Tony Hawk’s world collided, but alas it’s happened. Remember earlier this year when Lil Nas X brought out Satan Shoes? These shoes sent the internet into complete and utter meltdown because they contained a drop of human blood. Well now Tony Hawk has brought out a limited skateboard with a drinks company and the skateboard has been painted using Tony Hawk’s actual blood. First off, why in the fresh hell are celebrities using blood in order to sell products?? Seriously, what the hell is going on?

Anyway, Lil Nas X quickly tweeted about the similarities between Tony’s skateboard and his Satan Shoes. He pointed out the double standards shown in the reaction to Tony’s skateboard compared to his own blood infused merch. He said: “Now that Hawk has released skateboards with his blood painted on them, and there was no public outrage, are y’all ready to admit y’all were never actually upset over the blood in the shoes? And maybe you were made for some other reason?”

But Lil Nas X didn’t leave things on Twitter. He left a comment under a post on a hip hop community page, Rap, saying “nah he tweakin” – his comment has over 110,000 likes. The post showed a picture of Tony Hawk with “Tony Hawk is selling skateboards infused with his blood for $500 each” written across it.

The whole thing has led to lots more people jumping on the “Nah he tweakin” bandwagon and commenting the phrase on other Instagram posts (mainly Tony Hawk’s lol).

But what does ‘Nah he tweakin’ even mean??

Okay so according to Urban Dictionary, “tweakin” means someone who isn’t making sense or is saying stupid stuff. But in rap and hip hop culture, the phrase is used to describe someone who is on drugs or high. There you go, now you know what it means to be tweakin so go forth and flood Tony Hawk’s comment section.