Poll: What actually *is* breaking girl code? See if your opinions match everyone else’s

In the wise words of Gretchen Wieners, ex-boyfriends are just off-limits to friends

“Girl code” as a concept gets thrown around a lot, but perhaps none more so than this week on Love Island. It comes up every year – when Megan “stole” Wes off Laura, when Chloe stuck it on Toby, who was with Kaz. This year girl code has reared its head again with Indiyah and Amber. Amber was coupled up with Dami and good mates with Indiyah, but this week was dumped from the villa. Pretty much as soon as she left Dami and Indiyah cracked on, and whilst Amber was no longer in the villa and there’s no way they could speak to her about it, lots of people are saying Indiyah should have at least waited until Amber’s bed was cold before moving with Dami.

It’s been 17 years since Gretchen Wieners told us it’s just, like, the rules of feminism that ex-boyfriends are off limits to friends. But what even counts as girl code, anyway? Do your girl code opinions match everyone else’s? Take these polls to find out:

Love Island 2022 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.