Love Island hometowns: This is where all this year’s Islanders are from

Sorry, but ‘Essex’ is just too vague for me I need answers

Love Island showcases this country as it really is. People from up and down the country compete – but where specifically? What, actually, are the hometowns of this year’s Islanders?

Some of their official profiles leave a lot to be desired. Liam’s press pack just says he’s from Wales – and that’s quite a large area.

So we’ve dived into all the clues we can find to discover the hometowns of this year’s Love Island cast.

Teddy Soares – Manchester

Teddy lives in Manchester – as proved by this lift picture

Hailing from the city of Liam Gallagher, Noel Gallagher, and Noel and Liam Gallagher’s parents, Teddy’s pre-island Insta was filled with pics of spots in the city.

Millie Court – Essex

While Millie always seems to be in London, she’s actually from Essex, although her actual hometown remains a mystery.

Lucinda Strafford – Ditchling, Sussex

Yes, Lucinda tags all her posts as “Brighton and Hove”. But the show’s got fans asking: Where is Lucinda from?

lucinda love island from ditchling brighton, where is lucinda from

It turns out she’s got a big house in Ditchling – which is just inland from Brighton.

Fun fact: The Sussex village was home to Dame Vera Lynn.

Liam Reardon – Merthyr Tydfil

His Love Island bio simply says “Wales” – a nation covering some 20,000 square kilometres. Unhelpful.

More specifically, Liam’s from Merthyr Tydfil in South Wales, a former industrial town with around 43,000 inhabitants.

Emo band The Blackout hail from the town. There’s a throwback for you.

Aaron Francis – London

“London” is a bit of a vague description, but it’s hard to pin Aaron down any more than that.

While he could be a West London boy – his Insta has shots of Notting Hill, and it seems like he’s got a membership to White City House – there’s a simpler clue on his feed.

Aaron supports North London club Arsenal. And they don’t really have glory hunters from around the country, so it’s a fair guess Aaron is north through and through.

Sharon Gaffka – Didcot, Oxfordshire

Despite working in Whitehall, Sharon is from Didcot, near Oxford.

While Didcot is very much not the Harry Potter-esque romantic city that Oxford is, it does have a very entertaining railway museum.

Sharon can only dream of matching the achievements of Didcot’s most famous son. 19th century entrepreneur William Bradbery was the first person in England to cultivate and sell watercress commercially.

Liberty Poole – Bartley Green, Birmingham

Liberty goes to uni in Birmingham, and the city is also her hometown.

She went to school in Bartley Green, an area in the south west of Birmingham

Hugo Hammond – Hampshire

While Hugo teaches (taught) at a school in Tiverton, Devon, he hails from Hampshire.

The cricketer plies his trade for Hartley Witney Cricket Club – a village just to the north of Fleet, in Hampshire

Jake Cornish – Weston-Super-Mare

Hunk Jake comes from the Somerset beach town of Weston-Super-Mare. It’s the town that gave us John Cleese, Sherlock actor Rupert Graves, and T4 on the Beach. Its 80,000 residents will surely soon have another reason to be proud of the town.

Kaz Kamwi – Witham, Essex

Kaz Kamwi is from Witham in Essex. It’s a town which will ring a bell for anyone that spends far too much time on Twitter – the name instantly brings to mind the @patel4witham handle. Yes, Priti Patel is Kaz’s MP. No idea if she voted for her or not.

Brad McClelland – Amble, Northumberland

Brad dropped a big clue on his hometown last night, when he said he’d “never find a girlfriend” in Amble.

Along with being a verb, Amble is a harbour town at the mouth of the River Coquet. With just 6,000 residents, and probably a fair few of those being certified salty sea dogs, perhaps Brad was right about the small dating pool.

Chloe Burrows – Bicester, Oxfordshire

Chloe is from Bicester – and is there a more Love Island place than Bicester Village? The Oxfordshire outlet centre is home to Fendi, Balenciaga, Michael Kors and more.

It’s pronounced “bista”, by the way.

Toby Aromolaran – Essex

His team, Hashtag United, is based in Pitsea, near Basildon. Assuming Toby doesn’t have to drive too far to get to training, he’s from the same part of Essex as Gavin and Smithy.

Faye Winter – Exeter, Devon

Estate agent Faye might be in the villa by the skin of her teeth, but whenever she leaves she’ll surely be welcomed like a hero in Exeter.

JK Rowling went to uni there. It’s quite nice.

Rachel Finni – Cockfosters

Local press outlets reckon Rachel, originally from Hertfordshire, lives in Cockfosters. If you’ve ever got a northbound Piccadilly line tube, you’ll have giggled every time the announcer says this name.

Chuggs – Weybridge, Surrey

Bucket hat-slinging Brookes grad Chuggs didn’t last long in the villa. Presumably by now he’s returned to his lovely family home in Weybridge, Surrey.

It’s just inside the M25 and has some very nice river views. What a nice place to think about things.

Shannon Singh – Fife, Scotland

Shannon was in the villa for like, five minutes. In fact, after landing back in London, she’s probably still travelling home to Fife.

Love Island 2021 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.