most disliked youtube videos

From Baby Shark to Anaconda: These are the most disliked videos on YouTube of all time

We really didn’t need Rebecca Black to release a song about the final working day of the week

Some of the videos uploaded onto YouTube over the years have been god damn awful. We’ve sat through some torturous apology videos from those in the beauty community and several cursed music videos. It’s been a wild ride of tragic content and clickbait titles. Thankfully we have that sexy looking big ol’ thumbs down button, but, which videos have got us clicking it the most? Here’s a list of the most disliked YouTube videos:

1. YouTube Rewind 2018: Everyone Controls Rewind

This video absolutely flopped. It has the highest number of dislikes since being uploaded back in December 2018. Overall it has 19 million dislikes which is quite awkward considering it’s YouTube’s own video.

It features some of the platform’s biggest creators like Casey Neistat, Emma Chamberlain, James Charles and The Try Guys. Will Smith even made an appearance but he couldn’t even save this hot mess.

2. Baby Shark

Every time I’ve heard Baby Shark since 2016 it has been against my will. NO ONE wakes up in the morning and chooses to play this song and anyone who does is just as weird as the choreography for it. So it makes sense this horrifying song has such a high concentration of dislikes on YouTube. It was uploaded in June 2016 by Pinkfong Kids’ Songs and Stories, since then it’s accumulated over 13 million dislikes and almost nine billion views.

3. Baby by Justin Bieber ft. Ludacris

It’s been 11 years since a pre-adolescent Justin Bieber unleashed Baby. Any song exclusively made up of the words “baby” and “oooooh” deserves 12.2 million dislikes if you ask me.

4. Johny Johnny Yes Papa

2016 was clearly a bad year for kids’ music. Not only did we have to endure the horror that is Baby Shark, but also Johnny Johnny Yes Papa came storming onto our YouTube trending pages in October 2016. Since being uploaded onto YouTube it has accumulated over five billion views and 10 million dislikes, ranking it one of the most disliked YouTube videos of all time.

5. YouTube Rewind 2019: For the Record

You’d think YouTube would’ve learnt since 2018, right? Well apparently not because its own YouTube Rewind video, one year after the one which tragically flopped, managed to get 9.5 million dislikes.

You might be thinking at least it didn’t get as many dislikes as the 2018 one. Which is a fair thought, but the like to dislike ratio is dire. It only got 3.4 million likes from 115 million viewers. But at least YouTube managed to clock onto the fact NO ONE likes the Rewind videos because in 2020 it didn’t make one.

6. It’s Everyday Bro by Jake Paul ft. Team 10

It should come as no surprise to you that Jake Paul’s cursed music video made the cut. Jake Paul managed to get over 284 million views but what did he have to show for it, I hear you ask? 5.3 million dislikes and making it into the cut for one of the most disliked YouTube videos ever is the answer xxx

The diss track took aim at Jake’s ex-girlfriend Alissa Violet as well as taking shots at PewDiePie. The negative reception to the video made it reach number two on the U.S iTunes chart as well as number 91 on the Billboard Hot 100. But despite all of its backhanded success, the only thing I can think of from it is that weird British bloke saying “England is my city”.

7. Friday by Rebecca Black

2011 was rough for the music industry. We had Where Them Girls At by David Guetta, Sexy and I Know It AND Party Rock Anthem both by LMFAO. We really didn’t need Rebecca Black to release a song about the final working day of the week.

She managed to get 3.9 million dislikes and the top comment says: “Whoever wrote this song is undeniably a lyrical intellectual.” I think that says it all.

8. Gangnam Style by Psy

My condolences to the four billion people on the planet who had to sit through (and quite possibly get brainwashed into learning the moves for) Gangnam Style.

Despite it’s 2.7 million dislikes, Psy managed to get over 22 million likes on his video.

9. Cuties Netflix trailer

Who remembers last summer when Netflix was high key cancelled for dropping Cuties? There was so much wrong with this film but we already knew that when the trailer dropped because over 2.3 million of us disliked it.

10. Anaconda by Nicki Minaj

I am actually quite distressed this made it onto the list as one of YouTube’s most disliked videos. But thankfully it’s only a mere 1.7 million thumbs down out of the one billion people who viewed this musical masterpiece.

So, there you have it. These are some of the most disliked YouTube videos of all time. Some might not surprise you and some of them might make you want to question everything you know in this world to be true. But however it makes you feel, we can all agree on one thing, Rebecca Black should have never made Friday.