Southgate might be the one, but these England semi-final reactions are a close second

THREE LIONS ON A SHIRT, JULES RIMET STILL MEMEING

England are in the final of Euro 2020. The nation’s first final since 1966. Even the “kick it in the goal-hole” brigade are unironically buzzing.

It was a special special night – not just on the pitch and in the streets, but on the timeline as well.

And at the same time Gareth Southgate was giving yet another measured-but-struggling-not-to-grin post-match interview, the videos, memes and reactions were flooding in.

Here are the best reactions to a huge night of football.

I want what this fella is having

All hail the nation’s hair icon

Mads Mikkelsen, Carlsberg, Lurpak, Queen Margrethe II, enviably high living standards…your boys took one hell of a beating

They did it for Karl Marx and that’s something to be proud of

Just so happy Atomic Kitten have managed to revive their careers of the back of this

Mason Mount…wholesome king

This is just what happens when you forget your Oyster card these days

Finally, Arsenal fans have something to smile about

If I see the Dolmio advert family it’s on sight

We truly have a team to unite fans of all creeds and species

I hope Southgate is listening

They really could have introduced this year’s Maura and it would have gone unnoticed

It’s pineapple pizza from now til Sunday folks

Sorry, but I will be locked into the BBC on Sunday

Nobody is allowed to say a bad word about Raheem Sterling, ever

It’s not football without Roy Keane being absurdly negative and confrontational

You simply love to see it

@tezilyasThe Kane penalty in a British Islamic seminary ##lovetoseeit ##euro2020 ##euro2021 ##football ##footballtiktok ##muslim ##muslimtiktok ##england♬ Three Lions – Baddiel, Skinner & Lightning Seeds

How can you not love Bukayo Saka and his cheeky, embarrassed grin?

@thosethreelions❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 I ACTUALLY LOVE JOSH FOR THE CONTENT HE GIVES US ##jackgrealish ##bukayosaka ##euros2020

♬ original sound – Those Three Lions

Fireworks, people happy. Makes you proud

@louteasdaleWembley Scenes 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿♬ Vindaloo – Fat Les

If this doesn’t make you well up you’re dead inside

@bbcsportLook at what it means to them 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 ##Euro2020 ##bbceuro2020 ##bbcsport ##england ##Itscominghome ##kane ##rice ##southgate♬ original sound – Loyiso

This is prime old geeza behaviour

@sasha.ridge##itscominghome ##englandvsdenmark ##engden ##england♬ Three Lions – Baddiel, Skinner & Lightning Seeds

Imagine just trying to get back from work and this is what the tube is like

@thenajmahal_absolute scenes 😭🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 ##london ##itscominghome ##euros2020♬ original sound – najma

England play Italy in the Euro 2020 final at 8pm on Sunday. It’ll be on the BBC and ITV, depending how much you enjoy commentary.