21-year-old signs up for Love Island after her footballer boyfriend cheated on her

The latest rumoured contestant is ex cabin crew Lucinda Strafford

What would you do if you were in a relationship with a Premiership footballer but then he cheated on you? Sign up for Love Island to get the last laugh is what Lucinda Strafford has done, as she’s the latest rumoured contestant for Love Island 2021, which kicks off in just a couple of weeks.

Lucinda Strafford is reportedly the ex-girlfriend of Brighton & Hove Albion winger Aaron Connolly, who the Sun reported as being filmed cheating on Lucinda with a girl and breaking lockdown restrictions to do so. The pair are said to have split up in the following days, but have been talking again recently and he is nooooot happy about her potentially appearing on Love Island.

Lucinda is said to be going on the show after she was made redundant from her job as an air stewardess at British Airways, and also as a platform to plug her clothing range. 21-year-old Lucinda owns The Luxe Range boutique, a small brand which she models a lot on her Instagram page.

Lucinda Strafford is latest Love Island 2021 rumoured contestant

via Instagram @lucindastrafford

A source confirmed to the Sun: “They’ve [Aaron and Lucinda] seen each other, been at each other’s houses and had dinner, but over the last couple of days she has told a few people she’s going to be on Love Island and now Aaron knows and isn’t very happy. They have argued about her going in.

“She’s going in to plug her business. She wants fame and money – she’s always wanted to be a celebrity. She’s trying to become an influencer, she wants to do it for her business. Aaron’s really upset and really annoyed about it. They were together for two years and then broke up.”

via Instagram @lucindastrafford

“He was seeing other people and she was jealous, but over the past few months they’ve been seeing each other, going for dinner and reconciling and now he’s found out about Love Island he’s very upset”, the source continued. “In the last few weeks they’ve been in each other’s pockets, but the TV show will change all that.

“Love Island producers approached Lucinda before. She rejected the previous offer as she was flying with British Airways. But she was made redundant after Covid. She’s had a really lengthy psych evaluation so it looks like she’s going in.”

via Instagram @lucindastrafford

As well as Lucinda Strafford, another Love Island 2021 rumoured contestant has been revealed today. 20-year-old Irish influencer Lucy Plunkett is also thought to be joining the lineup and heading to Majorca next week ahead of the show.

Love Island 2021 starts this month. For all the latest Love Island news, gossip and rumours contestants, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.